+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cambridge

Cambridge

Well, can we keep it going? No reports of injuries and three days off (!) . Of course it had to happen- I go away for a few weeks and they'll go top!
    I see DA is up for MOTM. Can guarantee that Exeter manager will get it.

No surprise!

Does anyone know of people who are going who don't usually go?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Does anyone know of people who are going who don't usually go?
    Dan Roan hopefully......

Never seen a ref booed off with as much venom as he was today and we've had some shockers at Gresty Road.

The referee was awful but 2 of the 3 goals we conceded were down to Lancashire. Poor signing imo. Very slow, poor distribution and easily brushed aside. Nicky Hunt would do a much better job at CH.

I think with a numerical disadvantage of 10 against 12 the boys did well to get themselves back into the game. I think Lancashire was left exposed because of the extra player Cambridge had and would not put all the blame at his feet.

Lancashire got caught out for the first no doubt but it was a team effort (or lack of) for the 2nd. He is improving going by the stats (whoscored.com and sofascore.com) he won 80% of attempted headers and 85% pass completion...got the assist for Nolans goal although his flick on did look like it deflected slightly off their defender.

What did people make of the pen? At the time the commentary said it was a good, clean tackle by Pez. I couldn't really see that in the highlights but it does look like a dive by Hannant. Different angle from those in main stand mind. They were at it all afternoon with that, kicking the ball away, diving, feigning injury...that d*ck Carruthers went down like he'd been shot only to bounce back to his feet as soon as the red card came out for Greeny. That was a 50:50 if ever I seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by luke_358 View Post
    Lancashire got caught out for the first no doubt but it was a team effort (or lack of) for the 2nd. He is improving going by the stats (whoscored.com and sofascore.com) he won 80% of attempted headers and 85% pass completion...got the assist for Nolans goal although his flick on did look like it deflected slightly off their defender.

What did people make of the pen? At the time the commentary said it was a good, clean tackle by Pez. I couldn't really see that in the highlights but it does look like a dive by Hannant. Different angle from those in main stand mind. They were at it all afternoon with that, kicking the ball away, diving, feigning injury...that d*ck Carruthers went down like he'd been shot only to bounce back to his feet as soon as the red card came out for Greeny. That was a 50:50 if ever I seen one.
    Looking at the highlights, just my opinion but the ref got both decisions right. The pen was obvious and it wasn't a clean tackle at all as he went across their player and didn't get the ball and why the ref gave it. Clear as a bell to me.

Agree that Lancashire was clearly at fault for the first goal and seems far too slow. They also got a free header for their second. Not impressed but hey just my opinion on the highlights and you actually can see more on the replay than you could possibly see from the Stands...I heard the after match summary from DA and he will no doubt get a ban from the FA for his comments on the Ref. After we scored the second we were briefly top of the table and just to add that even with ten men you really should not concede two more goals.

Re the penalty Mike.
    On the day ( I was there, were you?) it was very very obviously a good legitimate tackle. On the highlights, I agree it was ambiguous, but, on a twitter feed (can't find it anymore) that was on a loop, the tackle was excellent and no way a penalty. The player was actually going down (diving??) before Ng got the ball.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast