+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cambridge

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Well in my opinion it was not a penalty. I was there and when NG touched the ball, all around me shouted what a tackle. We could not believe it was a penalty. Nolan went towards the liner asking her to intervene but she was not going to do that. Mind she was behind the play most times. Near the end WJ clawed the ball away from the goal line, it was a definite corner. Where was she...……… 30 yards away
    Where abouts were you in the Stand or behind the goal where fans may have got a better view?

Looking at it again and again fans are saying Perry got to the ball to poke it away but the video doesn't show that. The away player had started to take the ball to the right and then Perry lunged across the player and he went down and the ball went nowhere where had Perry got a toe to it the ball as fans are suggesting it would surely have gone a few yards more but even had he got to the ball it was still a foul and therefore a pen. Just my view though. I would suggest that had that happened at the other end and the Ref didn't give it we would have said it was a 'clear' pen. The ref had a better view than anyone in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Had another look on a slow motion video and it does show Perry possibly getting very close to the ball but without moving it but he was clearly lunging across the player and actually fouled him and brought him down ie obstruction which was a clear pen even had Perry got to the ball first and we can see the Ref was only ten yards away with a clear view of the incident. The point is everyone was saying it wasn't a pen and blaming the Ref when the video shows up that was the case. Group think with football fans is a shoe in though and I possibly would have booed the Ref at the end like everyone else on our side..I doubt that most fans would be able to see what the video showed in the split second it took.
    Mike if you are on Twitter then have a look at @simonklewis tweets 9.04pm, Sep 14th. If you are not find somebody who is. Have a look at the video and then tell me that it is a penalty! Their lad is going down before he gets to Perry, clearly folding his legs up and Perry clearly diverts the ball across the area before any contact was made by the Cambridge player on him when originally it was heading in the direction of the goal. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Mike if you are on Twitter then have a look at @simonklewis tweets 9.04pm, Sep 14th. If you are not find somebody who is. Have a look at the video and then tell me that it is a penalty! Their lad is going down before he gets to Perry, clearly folding his legs up and Perry clearly diverts the ball across the area before any contact was made by the Cambridge player on him when originally it was heading in the direction of the goal. End of.
    I don't read or post on twitter but went across just now to see the video of the incident and as much as I want it not to be a pen and not wanting to be contentious just to be awkward , I have to say that video adds nothing to the one on the video highlights and in fact confirms my own thoughts that Perry 'lunged' at their player and in reality it made no difference whether he touched the ball or not but I don't think he did get more than a fresh air touch because had he got a toe on the ball, it would surely have gone a few yards and it hardly moved, suggesting he didn't. We need a ref on here to confirm or otherwise. What is worse is the free header they got for their second goal. In the old days the Keeper would have come out for those sorts of balls and not stuck on his goal line.

Just to add another bone of contention, I think it was wrong for DA to drop Richards when he saved a pen the week before. IMO.

My question to MSB is, WHY weren't you there?

I was in the main stand not quite in line with the tackle but at an angle and saw clearly he got the ball. I have looked at extended highlights and pause it at that moment. The ball moves not far but at least a circumference.
    Cannot see your point as view is better behind the goal. GR end was too far away and FS too many players to see through
    Their number 7 was diving all game even when nobody touched him. Witness his fall early on when he handles the ball, Kirk was a yard away.

Over the years I've realised that there is absolutely no point in arguing with an old bugger with an opinion, even if he is the only one that holds said opinion. They get set in their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Over the years I've realised that there is absolutely no point in arguing with an old bugger with an opinion, even if he is the only one that holds said opinion. They get set in their ways.
    Without fans like me there wouldn't have been a club to support and that's my last post on here.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Without fans like me there wouldn't have been a club to support and that's my last post on here.
    Without your support there wouldn't have been a club to support....
    Fair enough,and respect....but one away supporter as you claimed, kept the club alive?
    And, how is that relevant to the penalty decision?
    Last post? I really doubt that

Hey less of the old. It is quite possible I played against Mike if only he would disclose his team

What MSB seems not to understand is that he doesn't appear to have anything positive to say. He doesn't even make neutral comments. It is an ongoing delivery of negativity, which is why people get irritated. This is not to say that SOME negativity is not acceptable- we're all football fans and are naturally pessimistic aren't we? So, MSB don't go off in a huff, just balance your contributions!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast