+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Danny Graham off to Australia?

Danny Graham off to Australia?

I've no idea if there is any truth in this but it could well suit all parties.
    He's been brilliant for us, no question, I'd wsh him well.
    But he isn't the future and while he's here there is always the temptation to play him.

I can see the positive in this and the negative.
    He is in decline and will be on a big wage,but he is a much liked character in the club getting rid might have an adverse effect at this point in time.

He needs to go. And hopefully take Elliott Bennett with him. Thanks lads. You have put in a fantastic shift. During a tough time for our football club. And I for one will never forget the past few seasons where you helped put us back on the map,and brought back some pride. You will be both forever be well remembered.
    Here and now, their time has passed. I don't want to remember both for what's happening now. So time to move both on.

Totally get that but maybe move on at the end of the season,we do this now and it has potential to have a negative impact on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Totally get that but maybe move on at the end of the season,we do this now and it has potential to have a negative impact on the team.
    I thought that about Mulgrew, but the reality is, football moves on, quickly.
    I'd be open to him being a coach, but I do think the temptation to play him is too strong. And this is one season too far for him. When you think we now have Samuel ready to play again. SG needs to bed in, and will only do that by playing, not by sat on a bench, watching DG not play to the level he always has. Or shoved out on the wing?
    Getting up a head of steam, winning football matches, playing well .....those are things that dictate team spirit.
    If we play our strongest side, that gives us more of a chance of clicking.
    I don't feel we are doing that by having Danny about. Same with Bennett. We don't owe these lads a living. Once they are past their best, you move them on. That's football.
    He had a fantastic swan-song season last year. Let that be the final memory of a good servant to our club.
    Not the laboured guy I see now, who is stopping younger, hungrier players stepping in to help us get our season going.
    I totally understood the reason DG was brought back in vrs Boro.
    We had a bad start and needed to get back on track, so he resorted back to a tried and tested system. That one game it worked (in that we got given a silly pen and DG tucked it away) other than that we produced very little. And after that, despite DG playing, it simply hasn't worked. And hasn't even looked close to working.
    And when he does play, we simply start knocking pointless 40 yard balls into him. And now he is past his best, and looking laboured, that ball isn't sticking. Its just coming back. Dack is not seeing any of the ball, because DG isn't winning anything, and its affecting our whole system.

I am not worried about DG leaving, he has already in many ways.
    I am much more concerned about who will now take pens. As I don't trust Arma. And Dack worries me, if he is having an off day, I feel he would miss as many as he scores.

I feel the side by the end of the season will be different by a good 4/5 positions than the one that started.

Is it ok to just not read that above. Here's a huge 360. I just wasn't aware that Brereton has had knee surgery and will be out for at least 2 months. Maybe won't see him until Xmas. I know we have Samuel back bow, but if Gallagher got injured tomorrow and was out for a period (or Armstrong) and these things do happen, we would be short. Despite my views based on a few games this season, of course he would be needed. I think it kind of depends on if he gets a coaching role? I hear he is being offered a very good deal, and would be able to play on for another 2 /3 seasons over their. It's a choice he has to make I guess, uprooting his family? All those factors. But after giving this some thought, it would be better for us if he stayed around until the end of the season. But we won't stand in his way if he decides to go.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)