+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brighton v Burnley

Brighton v Burnley

I fancy an away win

from what I can make out.....Brighton look to be a team in transition, players positions, formations, new manager finding his feet...that together with their poor home performances, means - I don't think we shouldn't be losing it.

"I don't think we shouldn't be losing it"????? Norder, you're scaring me - I think that means we WILL lose?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    "I don't think we shouldn't be losing it"????? Norder, you're scaring me - I think that means we WILL lose?
    it's possible - Claret

is like the wacky races.....who knows whats coming next.

lets hope Brighton - "dont" get it together - Today.

Another 45 minutes of absolute dross.Do we actually practice anything other than defending in training.Cannot pass the ball,cannot shoot,cannot stay onside, no movement, disjointed.
    It is almost a relief that the first half is over-painful to watch.Brighton were all over the place in the first 20 minutes and we simply could not create a single chance.

Get in ..Well done Jeff.. A very very very welcome but undeserved point..haha

Full Time:

Brighton 1 Burnley 1

Agree with you CIB, we was lucky to get a draw with a good strike from Mrs Hendrick, other than that we should be more than holding our own against teams who like us can be woeful more times than not, again I'm sorry to say the performance was poor

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Another 45 minutes of absolute dross.Do we actually practice anything other than defending in training.Cannot pass the ball,cannot shoot,cannot stay onside, no movement, disjointed.
    It is almost a relief that the first half is over-painful to watch.Brighton were all over the place in the first 20 minutes and we simply could not create a single chance.
    Oh dear, Marlon Beresford on Radio Lancs said we were shocking in the second half, so I assumed we'd been OK in the first half. Seems not, we were apparently ****e for the entire 90 minutes.

Although we did not play very well our consolation is we got a point. One thing I am really pleased about if Jeff Hendrick getting the goal that saved us. He is much maligned and from me as well so we should be delighted for Jeff hopefully it will give him much needed confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Although we did not play very well our consolation is we got a point. One thing I am really pleased about if Jeff Hendrick getting the goal that saved us. He is much maligned and from me as well so we should be delighted for Jeff hopefully it will give him much needed confidence.
    Agree, Cos we have Feck all else!!

SD post match.

"didn't get to grips...."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/49701466

so Hendick spared the Burnley blushes.....but his effort not only gets us a goal - as was equally stirring in that it just happened to be our only shot to make the target - in the entire game.

Thought we were well below average today. Nick Pope was good and kept us in the game at times. Jeff Hendrick did score a good goal but we were very lucky to get that point.

On current form I would like to see JRod or Vydra get a start next week in place of Wood.

Six corner kicks and barely a threat. Why do we crowd the 6 yard box then fail to hit the area with the kick itself? Can we have some target players on or around the spot instead? It's surely space to move and a clearer avenue to goal. Too predictable.

Heard last night from someone who watches us home and away, and he reckoned that was the worst performance he'd seen from us in the PL. Must have been a right bummer then.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Heard last night from someone who watches us home and away, and he reckoned that was the worst performance he'd seen from us in the PL. Must have been a right bummer then.
    Believe me Sinkov we were shoite.Brighton were all over the shop in the first 20 minutes and we failed to conjure a shot on goal.Offside Woods was at his best and he needs dropping from the first team.
    After that we looked like a League 2 team.Could not string two passes together, second to every ball.We were outplayed, outpassed , outmuscled and Brighton should have scored 2 or 3.
    We cannot pass, cross, shoot and there is zero creativity, no movement, no skill , no sharpness.
    EYE OF THE TIGER my -rse!

Brighton 1 Burnley 1 (Maupay 51') (Hendrick 91'

Brighton: Ryan; Duffy, Dunk, Webster; March (Bong 90), Gross, Propper, Stephens, Burn; Maupay (Connolly 84), Murray (Mooy 80). Substitutes: Button, Bissouma, Baluta, Alzate.

Booked: None

Burnley: Pope; Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Pieters; Lennon (Hendrick 59), Westwood, Cork (Vydra 78), McNeil; Wood (Rodriguez 66), Barnes. Substitutes: Hart, Brady, Gibson, Bardsley.

Booked: Lennon, Westwood

Referee: Michael Oliver

Attendance: 29,398

Could not comment over the weekend because we were in London and I had left the iPad at home. We nipped down to Brighton for the game, what a load of moaning arseholes the Brighton fans are. We should have had this one wrapped up inside 20 minutes.
    If we had Maupay instead of Wood we would have bagged a hatful. Wood was woeful, Pope quite brilliant and Hendo bagged a cracker. Nice dinner, loads of ale and then back to Westminster for another session. Good day out and one point well earned.