+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Longstaff out injured

Longstaff out injured

Misses tomorrow

Aye. I assume it'll be a straight swap for Shelvey. If he has one of his good games we will be a bit better on the counter, not as solid defensively.

With or without Longstaff I'm absolutely dreading tomorrow.

he has not played well this season. Don't think he'll be a big miss on current form.

Is he injured or is he affected by the transfer speculation to Man Utd?

From a speculation point of view, if he is cast out as injured as a front for him actually just being unsettled and not being able to put his full concentration into the team...and is dropped because of it but not wanting to incur the wrath of the fans.

Nothing more than speculation by me, obviously but if it turns out to be true then it's best for the lad to be dropped until his head is right and if he can't get it right and wants a move then allow the move because there's absolutely no point in keeping a player at the club who does not have their heart in it, due to bigger club poaching.

No he was injured in training.

I'd put in Shelvey over Ki just because he's capable of reproducing a performance like he did against Man U, especially given that he'll feel he has something to prove against a former club.

tomorrows game is what id call a non betting game of the highest order.

Nobody expects us to win, we always do better against the top teams, we are capable of an upset, to come away with anything is a result to be fair. Liverpool have the best strikeforce in the league along with the gunners BUT history always tells me, after National team commitments and champions league stuff, the top teams have a slip up PLUS its an early kick off (which always ****s up a coupon)

after the parasite Michael Owens shlt lately, id love to grab a 0-1

Liverpool aren't going to win every game and we just might come away with something. Hopefully.

I'm going to stick my neck out and go for a 3-2 win for us due to Liverpool having a player sent off and an injury to virgil Van Dijk.
    One of our goals and one of theirs will be a penalty.

How's that for a bold prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Liverpool aren't going to win every game and we just might come away with something. Hopefully.

I'm going to stick my neck out and go for a 3-2 win for us due to Liverpool having a player sent off and an injury to virgil Van Dijk.
    One of our goals and one of theirs will be a penalty.

How's that for a bold prediction?
    Pretty standard for you.

Sadly 4-0. But most teams are going to get rolled by Liverpool and City, so no shame.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)