+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough set to sue EFL over Pride Park sale to Derby County owner

Football seems to me to have a financial way of operating that doesn't exist in the vast majority of other businesses .

I work in the Huddersfield area these days with many Town fans .

They tell me that the club received £200m for their two year stint in the PL and spent £215m , they ran out of money last season and the then owner Dean Hoyle had to put in £15m of his own money to pay the bills .

Can you believe this shyte ?

This is a club whose supporters saw two home league victories last season !!!!

The owner has since stepped down and the club owes him £40m on his total investment in to the club which apparently he will get back from the parachute payments .

I wouldn't go as far as saying they haven't a pot to pyss in but you can certainly see major implications down the road , players on 40k a week one of whom a striker who scored one goal last season and cost them an £18m transfer fee .

This is absolute madness and Town are supposed to be one of the well run clubs .

Can you ever imagine Rotherham United receiving £200m in two years and still running out of money ?

This is insane .

That's the dream that they're chasing Animal. Fulham did it the year before and got relegated but they'll come back whereas Huddesfield don't stand a chance and I'd say that Cardiff will do well to finish int play-offs. All clubs that come down run the biggest risk of all Championship clubs.

The wages are the issue and until the Chaimen/owners of EFL teams vote in a wage cap the clubs will never be protected! Rotherham could end up in the same situation depending what happens after the Stewart era ends. Highly unlikely though.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    That's the dream that they're chasing Animal. Fulham did it the year before and got relegated but they'll come back whereas Huddesfield don't stand a chance and I'd say that Cardiff will do well to finish int play-offs. All clubs that come down run the biggest risk of all Championship clubs.

The wages are the issue and until the Chaimen/owners of EFL teams vote in a wage cap the clubs will never be protected! Rotherham could end up in the same situation depending what happens after the Stewart era ends. Highly unlikely though.
    I think the championship clubs give or take a couple of exceptions are the poorest run of the lot , by a considerable margin .

If Huddersfield Town can't financially sustain themselves with a £200m revenue intake then when can you ever .

The issue of course is the wages and a vast amount of very ordinary players are getting paid absolutely ridiculous money .

You can't necessarily blame the players , I don't blame Kieffer Moore for leaving us to get £18k a week but Wigan must be off their nut to be paying a very low grade Championship striker that kind of brass because he ain't worth it , by my reckoning he's notched two goals at championship level in 25 games .

But that's the norm now and its unsustainable given the finances of clubs these days and the state of them .

Clubs need to be brought in to line with reality and quit the dreaming shyte and some significantly more robust financial rules need bringing in .

I'd suggest a regulator type body needs introducing because clearly the football governing boards aren't up to it and theres too many vested interests going on within footballs governing bodies .

I think that it was Gibson who asked for the owners/chairman to have external auditors in every club to stop the abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I think that it was Gibson who asked for the owners/chairman to have external auditors in every club to stop the abuse.
    It's an interesting move and one I can see some sense in .

If the game can't regulate itself then clearly an independent body needs to fill the space .

So a regulator?

What would it be called?

Of-foot, or Ofside or Ofthepost?

This sounds like legal sabre rattling to me (and possibly a bit of supporter appeasing). What are Middleborough saying that they have lost and could be compensated for?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    This sounds like legal sabre rattling to me (and possibly a bit of supporter appeasing). What are Middleborough saying that they have lost and could be compensated for?
    Derby should be faced with penalties for over spending which is clearly what they would have done if the over hyped sale of the stadium hadn't taken place.

His compensation would be one of the top 6 sides from last season having transfer restrictions for this season.

Derby and it's owners are two separate legal entities and the club has sold an asset to it's owners.

If the Boro boss wants to upset that arrangement then so be it, but he has to accept what flows from that - if he argues that a club and it's owners are to be treated as one entity, he would have to be willing to accept personal liability for his club's debts.

Hell will freeze over before that happens.

Every club would also have to look at the devices they use to boost their income such as owners paying for sponsorship at an above market value. Does that sound familiar? It should.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Clubs need to be brought in to line with reality and quit the dreaming shyte and some significantly more robust financial rules need bringing in .
    When you say clubs I hope you include the fans because in virtially all cases it is their expection that force club owners to over spend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast