+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough set to sue EFL over Pride Park sale to Derby County owner

Middlesbrough set to sue EFL over Pride Park sale to Derby County owner

Sheffield Wednesday will be watching this.

Leeds fans will be all over it

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I applaud Boro for this its about time clubs stop getting away with shady things like this .Its cheating, i hope the EFL have the balls to close the loophole at least and then punish the culprits that have done it . But i suppose they wont, just like the have conveniently forgot about "founder member" Bolton's game's that they decided to postpone just for the laugh of it .

It will be interesting to see how this case pans out .

This is the thing at this level , Fulham rolled in to town on the opening day of the season on the back of last seasons relegation from the PL where they spent over £100m on players only to recruit heavily once again in the summer , Bobby Reid , Harry Arter , Anthony Knockeart and Ivan Cavaleiro plus hand Alex Mitrovic a massive new contract .

You know they haven't got those kind of resources and it's a gamble on returning to the PL just to be financially sustainable and I say that in the broadest terms possible .

Fecked if I know how clubs like ourselves are supposed to compete at this level whilst balancing the books even though we did beat Fulham far more convincingly than the 1-0 victory suggests .

I'm desperately trying not to do the " its not fair " thing but this league is mental and clubs who at least try to run themselves with common sense struggle .

How the feck can Derby County afford to pay Wayne Rooney that kind of money when he arrives in January ?

Me neither .

Can someone explain to me too how Wigan Athletic can afford to buy Kieffer Moore and double his wages given they get the same tv revenue we do and have smaller gates ?

How did they finance also the deal to bring in Jamal Lowe from Portsmouth who was one of the most sought after players in league one and Portsmouth are a significantly bigger club than Wigan Athletic ? .

You just know they can't because if they could Kieffer Moore would still be at Oakwell given he's not exactly moved to a bigger club with huge potential to challenge at the top of the championship .

If Wigan Athletic can pay him 18k a week then it stands to sense so could we , the truth is neither can they and this is what boils my pyss .

If the begging buckets come out at Wigan in 12 months time and they are back in league one then they'll get what they deserve , we may well join em but the difference is we will be financially stable not that it gets you any bonus league points mind .

At the core of this is the EFL and they are a weak setup run by amateurs.

You're looking for sense and logic where none exist.

The EFL have "rules" that are so badly thought out that loopholes and exceptions are many.

I'm glad 'boro are taking this stance because the EFL will have to spend money on defending the action. It might sharpen a few minds into understanding that they can't just bumble on taking half baked actions and making exceptions because they have no balls for tough action.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    At the core of this is the EFL and they are a weak setup run by amateurs.

You're looking for sense and logic where none exist.

The EFL have "rules" that are so badly thought out that loopholes and exceptions are many.

I'm glad 'boro are taking this stance because the EFL will have to spend money on defending the action. It might sharpen a few minds into understanding that they can't just bumble on taking half baked actions and making exceptions because they have no balls for tough action.
    But the rules and any changing of the rules have to be passed by the Chairmen themselves. The very people who are setting the rules are the ones using the loopholes they've put in place.

We know that the EFL is badly run but is it really? they can't put anything in place all they can do is enforce what the owners vote on. If the owners aren't happy with something can't they just change it?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    But the rules and any changing of the rules have to be passed by the Chairmen themselves. The very people who are setting the rules are the ones using the loopholes they've put in place.

We know that the EFL is badly run but is it really? they can't put anything in place all they can do is enforce what the owners vote on. If the owners aren't happy with something can't they just change it?
    Yes there’s an element of truth in that but the top two on the board come from a background of tennis and horseracing

One of the board members is Stephen Pearce - Championship Director – Derby County

Hmmmmmmm.........impartial?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes there’s an element of truth in that but the top two on the board come from a background of tennis and horseracing

One of the board members is Stephen Pearce - Championship Director – Derby County

Hmmmmmmm.........impartial?
    I don't think that they'd be influenced as much as any one with a footballing background Grist. If they don't understand are aren't emotionally attatched to fooball they are more likely to enforce the rules.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast