+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leeds game is live on red button

Leeds game is live on red button

Sundy dinner can gu ballax

Now we all know that SYP are in the pocket of SKY!
    This country is more corrupt than a South American dictatorship...
    WHAT A SHOCK!!!

Top News! Red button!

Now!

Shan’t go to club shop.
    Shan’t go to “FanZone” 2 pints
    Won’t buy 4 x 50/50.
    Won’t buy a pint in ground... x2
    And another at half time x2
    And a pie! X2
    £15 for dog sitter.

How much has been saved ?
    ESPECIALLY As they want me to do a sponsored walk to get there!!,!......

Wow!!! I’m so encouraged to get up early, and spend loads...... when I can press the red button.!

I can stand sh*t from the team, they are learning....
    time the owners and CEO. Barnsley Council, SYPTE, and the corrupt Police who are in hand with SKY were held to account.,...

Red button on sky Pass ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Top News! Red button!

Now!

Shan’t go to club shop.
    Shan’t go to “FanZone” 2 pints
    Won’t buy 4 x 50/50.
    Won’t buy a pint in ground... x2
    And another at half time x2
    And a pie! X2
    £15 for dog sitter.

How much has been saved ?
    ESPECIALLY As they want me to do a sponsored walk to get there!!,!......

Wow!!! I’m so encouraged to get up early, and spend loads...... when I can press the red button.!

I can stand sh*t from the team, they are learning....
    time the owners and CEO. Barnsley Council, SYPTE, and the corrupt Police who are in hand with SKY were held to account.,...
    Then again SKY give the club £7m at this level , other than selling players it's the clubs greatest source of finance .

Unfortunately Jules , punters revenue is neither here nor there these days .

It is what it is and to be fair nobody complained too much about the red button offering at Brum recently other than it was shyte to watch .

Paying us £7m with a captive audience of thousands rather than millions I think they are pretty entitled to shove us on the red button mate in all fairness .

I understand the frustration but the reality is you are a supporter today in the ground but customers are far more important to SKY .

Two different things .

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Red button on sky Pass ??
    Yeah mate, sky sports. The official live game they're showing and advertising is Huddersfield vs Wednesday but Barnsley v leeds is available on the same channel via the red button.

I can understand it Animal. It’s great when it work for you... yet not when it works against. To be honest the whole 1230 kick off, and “You have to walk this way” and you can’t walk through here and you aren’t allowed up here does my head in. I’ll still go on Sunday, but it’s not NORMAL, not as it should be .
    Takes us an hour from Huddersfield to Barnsley on train on a normal match, (and to be fair, with the dog now we don’t come on train much anyway anymore )., but there’s at least a dozen Reds on that train.... and they now have to decant after an hour of “Lockwood, Berry Brow, Brockholes, Honley, Stockmoor, Shepley, Denby Dale, *****tone, Silkstone,Dodworth, and then a bus, or taxi” so the Scum from Leeds can have the station to themselves is a joke........
    Oh, We could just come in to Tarn without our colours on as a normal,passenger, (or....... more pertinently a Leeds fan without colours)..and we’d be welcome in the Interchange,!!!”!.... but why should we. ?

IF THIS DISCRIMINATION/Freedom of movement WAS PERFORMED AGAINST PEOPLE OF COLOUR, OR JEWS THERE WOULD BE UPROAR!
    Imagine?
    “ All Jews, and Blacks are advised to get off the train before the interchange........ “

Red button, as you say is handy at times, and we all used it for Brum as you say.......
    But that just shows what POWER, and influence they have in the game we follow, and pay for. Either by Subscribing, or attending.

They say that it doesn’t matter if no fans attended games financially, They say that Clubs don’t need people paying on the gate......but I guess that if grounds were empty, and people stopped going to games, the players wouldn’t give a t@ss, and wouldn’t be motivated to perform.. it would be like watching “Vision on”.
    Nice to watch at times..... Pretty pictures, yet not really worth any excitement. And the game on TV, and the power of SKY et al would diminish..
    Some clubs would die....... some small, and MOST DEFINITELY some big ones who are badly managed, yet are supported and propped up by SKY would be stuffed. I’d sooner not have a red button, Sky, Jeff Sterling, Kammy, Martin “Smugshot” Tyler and the whole host of nepotistic “Sons and Daughter” procession of talentless Idiot summarisers and reporters that we have now.

Go to game, or listen on Radio. Dump Sky. Keep the power in football, not Jeff

Rant over.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

Of our basic annual income (excluding transfer surpluses) of £14 million abart £8 million is from Sky (TV Share plus individual matches), £4 million is from ST's and matchday tickets and £2 million is commercial (sponsors, merchandise etc). Our owners £8000,000,000 (£8000 million or £8 billion) is not available so Sky is our paymaster.

The TV Share drops to £2 million in the Third Division, hence the much quoted drop in income of £6 million following relegation.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-09-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I can understand it Animal. It’s great when it work for you... yet not when it works against. To be honest the whole 1230 kick off, and “You have to walk this way” and you can’t walk through here and you aren’t allowed up here does my head in. I’ll still go on Sunday, but it’s not NORMAL, not as it should be .
    Takes us an hour from Huddersfield to Barnsley on train on a normal match, (and to be fair, with the dog now we don’t come on train much anyway anymore )., but there’s at least a dozen Reds on that train.... and they now have to decant after an hour of “Lockwood, Berry Brow, Brockholes, Honley, Stockmoor, Shepley, Denby Dale, *****tone, Silkstone,Dodworth, and then a bus, or taxi” so the Scum from Leeds can have the station to themselves is a joke........
    Oh, We could just come in to Tarn without our colours on as a normal,passenger, (or....... more pertinently a Leeds fan without colours)..and we’d be welcome in the Interchange,!!!”!.... but why should we. ?

IF THIS DISCRIMINATION/Freedom of movement WAS PERFORMED AGAINST PEOPLE OF COLOUR, OR JEWS THERE WOULD BE UPROAR!
    Imagine?
    “ All Jews, and Blacks are advised to get off the train before the interchange........ “

Red button, as you say is handy at times, and we all used it for Brum as you say.......
    But that just shows what POWER, and influence they have in the game we follow, and pay for. Either by Subscribing, or attending.

They say that it doesn’t matter if no fans attended games financially, They say that Clubs don’t need people paying on the gate......but I guess that if grounds were empty, and people stopped going to games, the players wouldn’t give a t@ss, and wouldn’t be motivated to perform.. it would be like watching “Vision on”.
    Nice to watch at times..... Pretty pictures, yet not really worth any excitement. And the game on TV, and the power of SKY et al would diminish..
    Some clubs would die....... some small, and MOST DEFINITELY some big ones who are badly managed, yet are supported and propped up by SKY would be stuffed. I’d sooner not have a red button, Sky, Jeff Sterling, Kammy, Martin “Smugshot” Tyler and the whole host of nepotistic “Sons and Daughter” procession of talentless Idiot summarisers and reporters that we have now.

Go to game, or listen on Radio. Dump Sky. Keep the power in football, not Jeff

Rant over.
    Got to bear in mind that the money SKY put in they then expect to see a return on that investment as I'm sure you know yourself they don't put in the kind of numbers they do out of the goodness of their heart .

Business Jules I'm afraid and unlikely ever to change , the vast majority of the PL clubs are simply playing for SKY revenue and not trophies as they once did given their attitudes to the FA and League cups .

We actually do pretty well out of it compared to the bigger clubs at this level , we get our £7m and are possibly put out as supporters only a couple of occasions , Leeds were on 21 times last season apparently .

Personally I'd like to see the saturday and sunday lunchtime games scrapped for SKY coverage and changed to Saturday or Sunday nights with 8pm KO's like they have on the continent .

OK I can see that it's another break from tradition but up until SKY came along we never went to games on a saturday or sunday lunchtime , saturday tea time or sunday afternoon either , or if we did it was rare , that's considered the norm now .

The lunchtime kick offs are terrible , the worst slot of all on many levels .

Beggars your whole day up does a lunchtime kick off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast