+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leeds game is live on red button

Arrs that song gu , " marching on together "

Shunt bi no game's onna Sundi or Good Friday , what would are maker ! Reverend Tivverton Preedy mek onnit ?
    Besides av to gerrup earlier fo Mass It's wrong ! Summats not reyt darn Theer,

There's not even a bus service to Huddersfield from Tarn

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Arrs that song gu , " marching on together "

Shunt bi no game's onna Sundi or Good Friday , what would are maker ! Reverend Tivverton Preedy mek onnit ?
    Besides av to gerrup earlier fo Mass It's wrong ! Summats not reyt darn Theer,
    Roma with all due respect in your beliefs this isn't the 19th century now .

You are a minority group who still attend mass or church on a sunday and hold Good Friday as a special day .

Even Catholic country's such as Italy and Spain play games of football on a sunday , in fact that's their main day for La Liga and Italy's top league .

You can't tell me you haven't purchased something from a shop on a sunday which equates to the same thing because staff are working on a sunday .

Just a bit ov mischief mate , don't tekkit wrong rooard , i've played, watched and enjoyed Cricket, Golf , and football on a Sunday , it's not the normal for English teams to play on Sunday though is it ? , as for Good Friday my opinion is no Football , i accept other views , it doesn't sit well with me though ,
    as a country England forgets days like St Georges Day slip by , no real mention of him or even having a bank holiday to celebrate the occasion , most other European countries celebrate theirs , lack of respect in the world now , why though ? Al be attending tommora after altering my schedule like many more , thanks BMBC, RAIL TRACK, AND THE NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN S Y P , diő miő

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Just a bit ov mischief mate , don't tekkit wrong rooard , i've played, watched and enjoyed Cricket, Golf , and football on a Sunday , it's not the normal for English teams to play on Sunday though is it ? , as for Good Friday my opinion is no Football , i accept other views , it doesn't sit well with me though ,
    as a country England forgets days like St Georges Day slip by , no real mention of him or even having a bank holiday to celebrate the occasion , most other European countries celebrate theirs , lack of respect in the world now , why though ? Al be attending tommora after altering my schedule like many more , thanks BMBC, RAIL TRACK, AND THE NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN S Y P , diő miő
    I can remember going to my first ever sunday game in the mid 70's .

It was on a Sunday against Chester I believe because of the three day week and power cuts making midweek night games out of the question .

Around 9k turned up when our normal crowd in those days was around 3k .

We kicked off at 2pm as there wasn't enough light to kick off at 3pm .

I also remember bunking off school around that time to watch us in an FA cup replay against Chesterfield on a Tuesday afternoon , I think we won 2-0 .

Also at them 2 games , plus a few more ? There was at least one free turnstyle , for those who wern't earning much / or some old rule about not having to pay on the sabbath ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12