+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Excellent win today its always tough going to oakwell they always raise their game, amazing how people see things differently, someone says Klich was awful well sorry he was class and never stops he is getting better, It was an intimidating atmosphere for the players there were fights braking out all over the stands wi so many Leeds fans scattered all over, this makes the win an even better one, we were far better than them it could easily have been 10-2, one little rant from me, we lose to Swansea and 128 posts on that thread compared to a brilliant win and 50 odd, amazes me really its as though some so called fans want us to fail.
    Personally speaking and im sure it refers to a lot of others as well, i dont like getting beat (especially in games we should have won) so i would tend to whinge a bit. Wheras when win, im usually too bluttered to even recognise a keypad.

You just float along through life on a sea of alcohol William......

I have to agree with others on here suggesting a start for Nketiah (or Nkeeeetiah as the guy commentating on Sky Red Button seemed to think he is called) and Costa.

The fact is for over 80 minutes we looked in danger of either losing or drawing that game due to all the chances missed.

If those two had played from the start, chances are we would've been comfortable by the time Bamford could come on with Harrison and play more conservatively up front.

The other way round means a lot of pressure on Costa and Nketiah to get us points - i've posted recently about the company Eddie kept at the Toulon tournament win in 2018 when he was a young lad - virtually all of them now playing/scoring/goalkeeping regularly in the Premier League. To me, Eddie looks like a proper player, as we already know Costa is, compared to Harrison and Bamford who have the odd good game but are very inconsistent in changing the game with their forward play.

Said previously that I can fully understand his reasoning for keeping those 2 fresh if Bamford can do the job and wear the defenders out somewhat...a luxury if we can get away with it.But it is obvious this tactic can cause up to drop points too when it doesnt work! And that just may be the difference at the end of the season. Not saying he has to alter the tactics fullstop...but just try one of the other two from the start once just to see if it does work earlier in the game. We just can't keep missing chances and half chances that regularly when games should be done and dusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Said previously that I can fully understand his reasoning for keeping those 2 fresh if Bamford can do the job and wear the defenders out somewhat...a luxury if we can get away with it.But it is obvious this tactic can cause up to drop points too when it doesnt work! And that just may be the difference at the end of the season. Not saying he has to alter the tactics fullstop...but just try one of the other two from the start once just to see if it does work earlier in the game. We just can't keep missing chances and half chances that regularly when games should be done and dusted.
    Nketiah is a Ferrari- Bamford is a Lada

Bamford has a head like a 50p piece

Had to check the authenticity of the match reports todsy on account tgat Leeds scored from a free kick and a penalty (in the same game). On another matter, does anyone know the extent of fighting in stands i.e. are we going to be fined or docked points?

Did you enjoy yoursenns today eh lads, beating us real Tykes ?.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Excellent win today its always tough going to oakwell they always raise their game, amazing how people see things differently, someone says Klich was awful well sorry he was class and never stops he is getting better, It was an intimidating atmosphere for the players there were fights braking out all over the stands wi so many Leeds fans scattered all over, this makes the win an even better one, we were far better than them it could easily have been 10-2, one little rant from me, we lose to Swansea and 128 posts on that thread compared to a brilliant win and 50 odd, amazes me really its as though some so called fans want us to fail.
    Surely by now you know there is always an inquest when we lose???

Part of being a fan pete..and as billy rightly says when we win we are all usually too pissed to say owt

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Did you enjoy yoursenns today eh lads, beating us real Tykes ?.
    Very nice and just be grateful we did not start with Costa and Eddie.

Nice to see the usual vile on your board towards us makes the 3 points even sweeter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)