+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Focus on the defence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Focus on the defence

The past couple of games defensively we have been poor,so focus will be back on.
    Williams aside the rest have got to up their game,including Walton.
    West Brom was a shambolic display in that department and you just wouldn't believe the previous 3 league results,yielded 3 clean sheets.
    Walton and Cunningham in particular need to be back to their best or I would be tempted to show the axe,and sorry lenihan should be dropped for this one.

Too harsh for me.
    If we continue to keep two clean sheets out if three I'll be very happy.
    This defence is light years ahead of last years but will still make mistakes.

I think the only change to the defence will be Tosin. And he won't break up Lenihan & Williams. So he'll either play 3 at the back, with wing backs. Or Tosin will replace Bennett at RB.

I think it will still be cunningham, Williams, Lenihan and Bennett but I'd like to see 3 at the back

Having only scored 5 goals in the league, I think the focus is much more on what we can create & how clinical we are.

4 clean sheets in 5 league games

Back we are on this one
    The defence looks shambolic and we are looking bereft of ideas.
    A back 5 returning might be the best bet as we are short of cover to be dropping both Williams and lenihan.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Back we are on this one
    The defence looks shambolic and we are looking bereft of ideas.
    A back 5 returning might be the best bet as we are short of cover to be dropping both Williams and lenihan.
    He may well bring Tosin in for the next game?

Just seen the goals from today. Thier 1st looked like we had plenty of men back to defend it. The 2nd one was Williams fault. The 3rd Lenihan's.
    I thought we looked weak, last season , on the cross for the 4th. Like last week, a free header. That ball coming into our box isn't being met with a commanding header from either Centre half.
    Once I saw the line-up and the fact he went with Dack & Graham again after Tues and knowing that midfield would create absolutely nothing, it wasn't a surprise it was another toothless display up front. But I was hoping that we had turned the corner with our clear defensive frailties. It looked that way about a month back.
    Everything seems a bit flat to me, it's not just one isolated part of the side that's not working. I don't think you can blame all this on the defence.
    I do think we need an injection, some class. Someone like Holtby. My fear is he may not know where to play him & get the best out of him. With Dack around I'm unsure he will be brave enough to play another classy player. And I can't see him dropping Dack.

Toss in should be the first name on the team sheet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)