+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Electoral commission

O/T:- Electoral commission

I read yesterday that the leave campaign (Aaron Banks) was cleared yesterday of breaking the law in the 2016 referendum. According to the police no case to answer.
    Does anyone know if this is true? because the impartial BBC haven't covered the story so I have my doubts.
    After all they did have blanket coverage when they were accused.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-09-2019 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Added omitted O.T. prefix

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I read yesterday that the leave campaign (Aaron Banks) was cleared yesterday of breaking the law in the 2016 referendum. According to the police no case to answer.
    Does anyone know if this is true? because the impartial BBC haven't covered the story so I have my doubts.
    Met Police drop criminal probe into Leave.EU spending https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49689681

Incorrect. See link in previous post.

Insufficient evidence, but clearly rules were broken.

How anyone can think that the BBC isn't impartial and that Father Christmas doesn't exist is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

Insufficient evidence, but clearly rules were broken.
    If it's that clear, surely there is evidence and a charge would be forthcoming? As there is no evidence, it obviously isn't that clear?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

Insufficient evidence
    Then they can't be guilty of anything then.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-09-2019 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Fixing quote code error again...

Hi i961pie, sorry to bring this up but when you quote another post using the 'Reply with Quote' button, please can you check that Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 148
Size:  1.1 KB appears at the end of the quoted section, not just at the beginning so that the system knows both where the quote begins and ends? Ta!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-09-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Hi i961pie, sorry to bring this up but when you quote another post using the 'Reply with Quote' button, please can you check that Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 148
Size:  1.1 KB appears at the end of the quoted section, not just at the beginning so that the system knows both where the quote begins and ends? Ta!
    Ok cheers

Ok cheers
    Perfectly done Thank you!

Then they can't be guilty of anything then.
    The spokesperson added: "As the Metropolitan Police note, this does not alter the findings of the commission's investigation from May last year, which found Ms Bilney to have committed four offences, including of submitting an inaccurate spending return and of exceeding the spending limit.

"Leave.EU appealed these findings, but the commission's position was upheld in court."