+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: European competitions

European competitions

With UEFA about to introduce new rules limiting entry to the top competitions to certain clubs, supposedly based on their historical input to the existing competions, can anyone explain how Sevco (and even their predecessors) can be considered to have made a greater contribution than the Dons?

By my reckoning:

Aberdeen - 2 trophies (regular competitors since the 60's)
    sevco - 0 trophies (regular competitors for the past few years - is it 2 or 3?)
    Sevco's predecessors rangers - 1 trophy, not participated for 7 or 8 years)

In what way is that a better record? If the SFA is going to allow this then nevermind Celtic and Sevco leaving Scottish football, Scottish Football should leave them. The whole governance of football has gone disgusting. If there was need for further proof that business (making money) is more important than sport then this surely is the final proof. This WILL lead to the end of the sport which in my view is already happening.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    With UEFA about to introduce new rules limiting entry to the top competitions to certain clubs, supposedly based on their historical input to the existing competions, can anyone explain how Sevco (and even their predecessors) can be considered to have made a greater contribution than the Dons?

By my reckoning:

In what way is that a better record? If the SFA is going to allow this then nevermind Celtic and Sevco leaving Scottish football, Scottish Football should leave them. The whole governance of football has gone disgusting. If there was need for further proof that business (making money) is more important than sport then this surely is the final proof. This WILL lead to the end of the sport which in my view is already happening.
    As the CWC doesn't exist any more 1 of ours and all of the died club don't count going by the new rules. Presumably the died club reaching the UEFA final (when their fans were so well behaved in Manchester) does though.

Any links to articles on the new changes dude?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post

By my reckoning:

I could have added the many riots started by sevco's predecessors plus the FACT that Aberdeen supporters outnumbered the mighty Real Madrid (the type of club UEFA are trying to protect because of their size) by what was it 3 or 4 to 1?

I've seen this in stories for a while now in the BBC and was recently annoyed by Barry Fluckinghun's condacending comments in the Retard (sent there by a link from BBC)

Quite simply UEFA recognise the current rangers to be the same club as the old rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Quite simply UEFA recognise the current rangers to be the same club as the old rangers.
    As do you

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    As do you
    Correct. It happens all over Europe with little fuss being made.

That doesn't mean I want them to exist or that I'm happy about it. I'd like nothing more than if they'd have been killed off forever when the chance was there but it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Even if they do recognise them as the same club, which clearly by law they aren't, then their record in Europe is still less trophies than us and violence across the continent. Why should they be a protected species?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Any links to articles on the new changes dude?
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...likes-20050643

Cheers

At the end of the day European football was f@cked when losers started to prosper. Second in the league getting into the champions league, then third and fourths. It led to issues in other tournaments

Then the champions league drop outs going into the UEFA cup came into being making it harder for the teams that qualified via their own leagues

The champions league led to the scrapping of the CWC because the cup winners of nations were usually in the top three or four so rarely went into it. The CWC was a fine tournament. Not because we won it. Because you got the likes of Bayern, Milan, Ajax, Real Madrid, Juventus in it. it was packed with Euro heavyweights that hadn't won their league. It also threw up plenty of shock winners. Ourselves obviously but there were also Magdeburg, Dinamo Tblisi, Slovan Bratislava, Mechelen, Real Zaragoza. It was the most romantic of the three. Sadly missed

But what im getting at is that UEFA didn't bat an eyelid while carrying out these changes. So they wont give a f@ck at making a closed shop or this only certain teams bullsh@t. European fitbas f@cked beyond fixing and nothing will surprise me.

All we can hope for is the w@nker money ball teams to f@ck off and leave the rest of Europe behind to start afresh

Untill then I wouldn't care if we qualified again because teams like Aberdeen are not supposed to do well in Europe. That's why we play four rounds before the groups
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 15-09-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast