+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team vs Liverpool

Terrible keeping ffs

Oh dear.

Very poor losing the ball like that but that's a huge howler by Dubravka. Thought he lost it in the challenge with Mane...but it just bounced off his knee.

Hey ho.

I'd absolutely love to see our 45 million pound striker do something, anything will do even touching the Fu(king ball

Have to say, we are awful to watch. Yes, I know there's something to be said for the workrate and organisation in the first 20 minutes but our inability to keep the ball on the increasingly rare occasions we get it is painful to witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Have to say, we are awful to watch. Yes, I know there's something to be said for the workrate and organisation in the first 20 minutes but our inability to keep the ball on the increasingly rare occasions we get it is painful to witness.
    Can't agree more Zip, although I thought we were right in this even at one it was because we were defending decent and they were messing up a bit. But yeah when we actually have the ball we are shocking the money spent on Almiron and Joelinton at this moment isn't looking like good investment, they don't do anything then again it's Liverpool and early days. I'd just like to see more from them.

I think to progress we need to dump the 5 at the back and go to a 4231...not sure who to pick like, we just don't have options other than CB. It's a lifting squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Can't agree more Zip, although I thought we were right in this even at one it was because we were defending decent and they were messing up a bit. But yeah when we actually have the ball we are shocking the money spent on Almiron and Joelinton at this moment isn't looking like good investment, they don't do anything then again it's Liverpool and early days. I'd just like to see more from them.
    Almiron is being used in the wrong way, although im starting to lose patience with him as others are. I like Big Joe, he's just too isolated.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Almiron is being used in the wrong way, although im starting to lose patience with him as others are. I like Big Joe, he's just too isolated.
    Yeah to be fair Joelinton is really isolated it must be so frustrating for him.

Just hope we have a good second half and try got at them a bit. If it wasn't for Dubravkas howler we'd be 1-1 at halftime and I'd say that would of been deserved so not all bad I suppose, just not a great watch.

The current formation seems designed not to lose and maybe hit them on the break (awful to watch but worked for the first 20). The problem is you either need better players to make it work or the players need to be coached/organised better.

I like the look of Joelinton and agree that he's just too isolated. I like Almiron, too, but either he, Bruce or both of them have no ides where he should be playing and there's absolutely no sign that he and Joelinton have worked together in training to try to develop any sort of understanding for the job they're being asked to do.

Bah.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)