+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Halifax Town 14.09.19

Well after that, we've got to be hopeful that we can make the play-offs and even if we finished 12 or more points behind the runners-up in 7th, we would probably be favourites. The support we'd get home and away in those games would dwarf any other club.
    Nice that the hope of an immediate return is that bit more realistic tonight, we're always going to need that hope at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Well after that, we've got to be hopeful that we can make the play-offs and even if we finished 12 or more points behind the runners-up in 7th, we would probably be favourites. The support we'd get home and away in those games would dwarf any other club.
    Nice that the hope of an immediate return is that bit more realistic tonight, we're always going to need that hope at this level.
    Lets not get carried away,it'd be nice to see back to back good performances and hopefully wins as a starting point

Just got back from the game, great performance especially O'Brien and Wooton.
    Shame about the ref

Crackin win in the circumstances. Booty in for Doyle and Dennis in for Thomas and I think, at last, we’re getting a regular starting 11. Unless he’s going to f00k around with it again.

2 tough away games now at the might of er Bromley and Boreham Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    How's Brindley doing?
    He played well, very assured and his use of the ball was much better than we've seen from players in that position so far this season. He put himself about well and supplied one or two dangerous crosses....I would like to see him and Enzio attack the byline a bit more but I guess they must be following orders.

Very impressive performance from everyone involved and it shows how far we have come by how we played when we went down to ten men, we never looked like losing it today. Everyone played well, I can't think of any weak performances and the manager got his selection just right.

With Turner having to be replaced it showed the positive side of having rotated the squad as Rawlinson came in looking sharp and composed because he has had some good game time lately. I questioned his ommission of Dennis but Thomas played well and was of energy and deserved his applause when he was replaced.

Ref was possibly the worst I have seen.

Nice to come home satisfied 😊

Not understanding the hate for Doyle tonight. He was arguably our best player in the first half and it was only his desire and commitment to the cause that got him sent off. It was hard to see from the Pavis but it didn't look malicious, and he certainly won the ball. That being said, he didn't argue too much when shown the card but it was nowhere near as bad as the challenge on Kelly-Evans v Solihull!

Wootton was fantastic today, such good skills for a big bloke...However, JOB was simply immense, I wouldn't argue with him being made captain from now on.

I was beginning to think my season ticket was a jinx. That was much better

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Phew....we held onto a lead at last....has gellification set in?......onwards and upwards......table looks a lot better tonight......beer time here....cheers all
    It was Halifax hanging onto a 1_0 defeat mate.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Not understanding the hate for Doyle tonight. He was arguably our best player in the first half and it was only his desire and commitment to the cause that got him sent off. It was hard to see from the Pavis but it didn't look malicious, and he certainly won the ball. That being said, he didn't argue too much when shown the card but it was nowhere near as bad as the challenge on Kelly-Evans v Solihull!

Wootton was fantastic today, such good skills for a big bloke...However, JOB was simply immense, I wouldn't argue with him being made captain from now on.
    That was much better. A deserved 1-0 win, never looked like conceding in the 2nd half and I agree, Doyle was the best player on the park whilst he was on.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Just got back from the game, great performance especially O'Brien and Wooton.
    Shame about the ref
    That's the game in a nutshell!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast