+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Halifax Town 14.09.19

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Nope, because unlike some people I don't form my opinion before something happens and look for things that will prove me right all game.

I would have been less dissapointed if Enzio had made the same challenge though because A. You don't expect wingers to be great at tackling (hence the "Strikers tackle" cliche) and B. He's not already been sent off this season for something stupid.

Regardless of who did it, it was a terrible tackle that's a red card 99 times out of 100
    I know there are many wide-open spaces in the stands at the Lane. All I need to spot you is to look for the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I hope this is the corner everyones been going on about another big game next week,can we do two in a row??,i hope the reaction the kop gave them all at FT spurs them on, that had to feel good COYP

Would anyone complain at JOB being made captain and Booty taking Doyles shirt,it seems a no brainer to me.
    I thought Wootton edged it for mom for me, but Jim O’Brien was a very close second and arguably worthy contender as well.

The man just loves playing football you can tell and has such a hunger desire and passion to affect the game. Most importantly he has the balls to try and make something happen even if it might not always pay off. A grafter who also has creative qualities. We are lucky to have a player like this in our midfield and he is quality at this level. Certainly he is worthy of being a captain and a good role model for other younger players in the team.

As the door closes for Doyle for a few games it leaves the door open for the likes of Booty to take the chance and stake their claim on that midfield position such that it gives the manager a headache when Doyle is back. Frustratingly today Doyle had played well first half but let the side and his manager down with his second red card this season. However today it did not cost us. So he will have a point to prove and want to make amends when he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I'm still not sure, it definitely looks bad on video but at the time I just thought he went in like we'd want any midfielder to and got there first. His momentum took him into their player....but his leg did seem to stay high after playing the ball. I've freeze framed it several times but will never know if he meant to hurt their player, I hope not.

People going on about Booty getting a run in the team....yes, he looks like he has the talent but he also looked badly out of shape and flat footed to me when he came on, professional footballers aren't meant to look like that surely.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I'm still not sure, it definitely looks bad on video but at the time I just thought he went in like we'd want any midfielder to and got there first. His momentum took him into their player....but his leg did seem to stay high after playing the ball. I've freeze framed it several times but will never know if he meant to hurt their player, I hope not.

People going on about Booty getting a run in the team....yes, he looks like he has the talent but he also looked badly out of shape and flat footed to me when he came on, professional footballers aren't meant to look like that surely.
    I agree, Booty doesn't look like a professional but plays like one. On the other hand, Enzio does look a professional footballer but doesn't play like one.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I cant decide stroked it ,piledriver,hammered it.smashed,slotted it home, but thats enough about the girl in the pic what did everyone think of wootons goal?
    I am pleased to announce that Holly Fowler and I are now engaged to be married.....I just thought you guys should be the first to know.....I've had a ****-load of beers up on the Mexican Altiplano, so I will inform Holly tomorrow, it's practically impossible for her to turn down 50% of a goat farm.....job's a good'n......you are all invited to the wedding, free beers!!
    Name:  rGtdlBa3_400x400.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  32.3 KB
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 14-09-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Congratulations Tarkers but please be sure to let her have time off from the goat farm to continue playing for Notts Women

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I am pleased to announce that Holly Fowler and I are now engaged to be married.....I just thought you guys should be the first to know.....I've had a ****-load of beers up on the Mexican Altiplano, so I will inform Holly tomorrow, it's practically impossible for her to turn down 50% of a goat farm.....job's a good'n......you are all invited to the wedding, free beers!!
    Name:  rGtdlBa3_400x400.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  32.3 KB
    She's a very lucky woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In real time at the game, I saw Doyle win a 60/40 ball and then my eyes followed the rebound. On viewing the clip, did his momentum cause him to hit the Halifax player or was it deliberate? I've watched it a few times and still can't decide. All I can say is that the ref had a closer view than I did and went straight to his back pocket. There's no point at all in appealing because it's not a stonewall decision either way, but on that basis it's hard to castigate Doyle too much. I suspect only he knows the truth.
    Totally agree Elite. When it happened I was dead inline and I was unsure. I think Doyle thought he would get away with it.

If it was intentional though he needs to be allowed to stay in the Reserves until his contract is up.

I ain't no golfer, that's for sure but is it actually possible to hit a ball from Notts to Forest's ground???

https://fchalifaxtown.com/news/notts...vellers-tales/

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I ain't no golfer, that's for sure but is it actually possible to hit a ball from Notts to Forest's ground???

https://fchalifaxtown.com/news/notts...vellers-tales/
    Out of curiosity I've just had a look on Google maps in satellite view and the scale bar on there suggests that from the back of the Trent End to the back of the Haydn Green stand is only about 250 metres, so it would be fairly easy for a good golfer.

Interesting article, I particularly like the bit where he refers to them as 'Nottingham Forrest'. Famous club my arse!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast