+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Halifax Town 14.09.19

We were reasonable with 11 men, and superb with 10 men. When Doyle saw red I expected the rest of the game would see us penned in our own half desperately booting it anywhere and trying to cling on for the point. It was just the opposite, we restricted Halifax to one half chance and created far better ones ourselves. We were so comfortable we could easily have won by two or three. Full marks to Ardley today, the formation we played with 10 men was spot on. For the first time this season we had a genuine shape and a pattern of play. Wootton did a great job up front on his own, and O'Brien controlled the midfield. For me, those two should share the MOM award. Halifax didn't know how to cope with it, because playing it around didn't work for them and playing long didn't work either. I was surprised how easily we kept them at bay, I don't think Slocombe had anything to do in the second half. We now have to make sure this isn't yet another false dawn because if they were second in the league on merit, we don't have a lot to fear.

By the way, I know all managers moan at fourth officials, but I've never seen anyone do it was constantly as Halifax's manager did today. He makes Steve Evans look placid!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    That was much better. A deserved 1-0 win, never looked like conceding in the 2nd half and I agree, Doyle was the best player on the park whilst he was on.
    I thought Rose was having a poor game until Doyle was ( deservedly ) sent off, then we saw the Mitch Rose of last season! I like the look of Bill at right-back, not read all the posts on here so I don't know if anyone as mentioned that shocking challenge it did with the side of his head on that bloke's elbow. FFS, how can a referee ( piss poor today ) get something so wrong! I was gonna say that Wootton and OB should share the MOTM award but I see me ode shipmate beat me to it. COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I thought Rose was having a poor game until Doyle was ( deservedly ) sent off, then we saw the Mitch Rose of last season! I like the look of Bill at right-back, not read all the posts on here so I don't know if anyone as mentioned that shocking challenge it did with the side of his head on that bloke's elbow. FFS, how can a referee ( piss poor today ) get something so wrong! I was gonna say that Wootton and OB should share the MOTM award but I see me ode shipmate beat me to it. COYP.
    Agree about Brindley. Thought he was a definite upgrade on DKE and had a very good debut. Today Wootton gave the kind of performance we have been screaming for from a target man, he was immense today, as was JOB who I think is already staking his claim for player of the season.

I was gonna say that Wootton and OB should share the MOTM award but I see me ode shipmate beat me to it. COYP.
    I could be nasty and say you were always a bit on the slow side, but the cider is kicking in so instead I'll say that great minds think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I could be nasty and say you were always a bit on the slow side, but the cider is kicking in so instead I'll say that great minds think alike.
    I don't believe for one minute that you've got a nasty streak in you! On another note, I've just looked at the match report on the BBC website " Wooton tapped in from a rebound" Tapped in !!!!!!!
    Last edited by navypie; 14-09-2019 at 06:21 PM.

I don't believe for one minute that you've got a nasty streak in you! On another note, I've just looked at the match report on the BBC website " Wooton tapped in from a rebound" Tapped in !!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/HollyFowler100/s...92256543694850

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast