+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Set piece

Set piece

I can remember a time when we used to score on those... What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post

We sold Michael Keane.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We sold Michael Keane.
    Vokes
    True Sinkov... and we sold Vokes... but that can not be the only answers
    We used to find Mee on the back post who then put the ball back into dangerous areas. We made runs from outside the box. I never quite knew what the play would be, but it always seemed rehearsed and dangerous. I used to shout at the TV at the strikers not to make an hopeless attemt on goal if there was an easy way to get a corner, and the oppositions did everything in their powers not to give away corners. If we got a corner in the last minutes I had high hopes we could turn it into a goal. Yesturday we had several corners... but no real threat...

Of course I don't really have the answer Will, but I wonder if opposition managers have seen what you've seen and have found a way to negate it ? If so then we have to find another way, or maybe it's just poor execution on our part, in which case there is no answer.

Dont know about set pieces Will, more like going to pieces..

Isn't Brady (remember him?) good at set pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Isn't Brady (remember him?) good at set pieces?
    I remember someone called Brady... Keane spoke kindly about him the other day, not so kindly of Ward and Walters... Trippier was ok too.

But we were effective in set pieces before Brady came. I think it's more to do with
    finding and practising different options, than the quality of the delivery...

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    No target man , I honestly believe teams don’t fear us , Wood should be a real handful but is weak in situations like that , for a big lad he’s not aggressive, I still think he’ll be ok for us when he gets off the mark

McNeil should take all of the corner kicks. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    ... I honestly believe teams don’t fear us ...
    If I remember correctly both Pep and Klopp (Klopp before last game, Pep when asked if his team was perfect, and he pointed out they were too short defending set pieces) have spoken about defending our set pieces and how big a threat we are. But we just crowded the box. Now with VAR I think we should be running around, make them grab a hold on us... something....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)