+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    I'm very sure if we would have lost or drawn today the knives would have been out
    Doyle being sent off could be the turning point for Notts and Ardley. It's a real chance for someone to step up and keep him out permanently. I wouldn't be surprised if we win a few games without him. Play with a higher tempo and energy. Putting him straight back in after winning at Harrogate was daft. Doyle unfortunately for him was playing ok before his red card. However I think Rose or O'Brien would be more effective in his holding position. Well done Notts today. A good performance against a dangerous side.

I'm very sure if we would have lost or drawn today the knives would have been out
    “I’ve just seen my team get a really good win today, I’ll tell you what’s the first thing I’m gonna to do, stick it to those w@nkers on the internet’.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, but in my opinion that was a proper 90-minute performance today, and if we maintain those levels then we will win many more games than lose.

People who went to Sutton last week seemed to be saying that the performance deserved more than a draw, which was difficult to believe after the previous dour display against Solihull, but today I could see for myself a well organised, good passing team taking shape. We defended resolutely, we pressed collectively and we attacked with some purpose. The only criticism from me at half-time was that we hadn't put away at least one of three good chances, but Wootton then did the business for us, just when I feared we might have to settle for another frustrating draw, being down to ten men.

As for Michael Doyle, yes he played well in the first half I thought, but it was a ridiculous and unnecessary challenge and an obvious red card. That's the second time this season that the player billed as our most experienced and influential has committed an obvious serious foul and left his team-mates in the lurch. He should certainly not expect to walk back into the team automatically this time.

Finally, I must say, Jim O'Brien was outstanding. He is the true leader in this team.

(My God, Norwich are beating Manchester City 3-1!)

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    “I’ve just seen my team get a really good win today, I’ll tell you what’s the first thing I’m gonna to do, stick it to those w@nkers on the internet’.
    Well said that man.

Not sure what you want people to do, suspend all logical thinking as they walk through the gates? I haven't called for his head but he does things that bother me.

If you can listen to his interview and not have questions I'd be amazed. Basically suggesting it was the game plan to be more open with 10 men than 11...explain that to me.

While your at it explain WTF Enzio was doing on the pitch at the end of the game? It was only after the game passed him by for the nth occasion that NA decided to get a sub on. Your defending a 1-0 lead with 10 men & you leave a man on the pitch who is knackered and defensively clueless.

I think most Notts fans genuinely want NA to succeed, I know I do. Problem is, at times, it seems obvious that he's a bit limited.

Enzio is an enigma. I also listen to the players interviews and they all rate ardley and they have asked others about him and have come to the club because of him.

Enzio is an enigma. I also listen to the players interviews and they all rate ardley and they have asked others about him and have come to the club because of him.
    Enigma isnt the word i'd use

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    I think most Notts fans genuinely want NA to succeed, I know I do. Problem is, at times, it seems obvious that he's a bit limited.
    Very well put. I am happy to praise Ardley because his tactics today with ten men were spot on. The problem I have is that games like today haven't happened very often. I try hard to say what I see without prejudice or preconceived judgements, and even though I am still buzzing after that performance I still have concerns that Ardley isn't the man for the job.

I really, really hope he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Enigma isnt the word i'd use
    I would like to say Enzio played well today but I honestly can't. He was the worst of a good bunch. Like any player who pulls on the Notts shirt, I'm always hoping they have a good game. He battled well at times, other than that he was very ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I would like to say Enzio played well today but I honestly can't. He was the worst of a good bunch. Like any player who pulls on the Notts shirt, I'm always hoping they have a good game. He battled well at times, other than that he was very ordinary.
    But it was his 50th game!!! He was going to show us!! maybe next week eh

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast