+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    No i don't have any difficulty it seems basically i think ardley as had a tough start to his tenure being the manager of notts county. Now he has got a fresh start and hopefully the behind the scenes are sorted he too can just concentrate on the playing side of things. Don't be patronising in your so called assumption.
    And if he doesn't know his arse from his elbow he can and never will be good enough for you ???
    Football is about opinions. I agree that Ardley has had a tough situation to contend with, much of which is under played (IMO) by some on here. That said he has to start stringing together results and performances. Like many on here I would have taken survival in this division prior to the season, however, like many, my expectations have risen as a result of the squad we have. We have a squad capable of challenging for the playoffs if not higher. The squad has effectively just had its pre season as well as having the last week and the next week to prepare properly with fitness and tactics a priority. Something that is difficult to do when you have a game every 3 days or so.

Ardley has no more excuses as far as I am concerned. He needs to show those that doubt him he is capable and those of us who back him, that he is deserving of our backing. Over to you Neil.

As I see it we are nearly a quarter of the way through the season and have a win ratio of just over 25% in a league that a year ago few of us thought we'd be in. NA has once thus far managed back to back wins with us and for all the difficulties he's also had full backing of two owners over two transfer windows (well this one doesn't close does it). He took a team that for the most part was supposed to be in contention for promotion down, or at best failed to keep it up. The win ratio of just over 25% is thanks to yesterday's win, a win that seems to have happened after the undroppable Doyle got removed, not only removed but taking us down to 10 men in the process.

So there is a long way to go before I fall into the "I'm a believer" camp and a long way to go before the scepticism of another false dawn is removed.

I do find it interesting that when a manager's hand is sometimes forced the result is better than the one they were achieving with their complex plans as happened with Norwich yesterday and England in '66. There have been other occurences inbetween.

Keeping an eye on the graph and our far away we can get from that bottom line, then I'll breathe easily and more silently.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree. You want Enzio's babies, I want Notts to find an agent who's a good f00kin liar.
    Do you think we'd be better off without the 3 goals and 3 assists he's provided this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Football is about opinions. I agree that Ardley has had a tough situation to contend with, much of which is under played (IMO) by some on here. That said he has to start stringing together results and performances. Like many on here I would have taken survival in this division prior to the season, however, like many, my expectations have risen as a result of the squad we have. We have a squad capable of challenging for the playoffs if not higher. The squad has effectively just had its pre season as well as having the last week and the next week to prepare properly with fitness and tactics a priority. Something that is difficult to do when you have a game every 3 days or so.

Ardley has no more excuses as far as I am concerned. He needs to show those that doubt him he is capable and those of us who back him, that he is deserving of our backing. Over to you Neil.
    Exactly. it seems others on here fail too see this but hey we all have our own opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Do you think we'd be better off without the 3 goals and 3 assists he's provided this season?
    One of his goals was against barnet which we lost,Another in a game we won 5-1 and the other closed out a game where we already winning. Arguably Non were critical goals in getting points on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    One of his goals was against barnet which we lost,Another in a game we won 5-1 and the other closed out a game where we already winning. Arguably Non were critical goals in getting points on the board.
    Don't be daft!

Against Chorley he scored the goal to put us in front, and to close out a game you are winning is critical.

You may not like Enzio but at least look at the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Don't be daft!

Against Chorley he scored the goal to put us in front, and to close out a game you are winning is critical.

You may not like Enzio but at least look at the facts.
    I wasnt looking for an argument just answering the question of where we'd be without his goals. My opinion is the same or better, id like to see more service from a wide man getting crosses in to dangerous areas for the forwards to get on to, play the percentages, more crosses more chances more goals.
    I dont dislike the guy, im disappointed by him and think he was over hyped and most weeks isnt worth a shirt.
    Just an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I wasnt looking for an argument just answering the question of where we'd be without his goals. My opinion is the same or better, id like to see more service from a wide man getting crosses in to dangerous areas for the forwards to get on to, play the percentages, more crosses more chances more goals.
    I dont dislike the guy, im disappointed by him and think he was over hyped and most weeks isnt worth a shirt.
    Just an opinion
    My post wasn't about his play etc. It was about whether his goals were critical. Of course they were - one got us going after half-time and another sealed a game. You seem to be saying it didn't really matter if he scored them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    Exactly. it seems others on here fail too see this but hey we all have our own opinions
    We all have own opinions except when you disagree with them and thus tell us to shut up.

If you read the post you’ve quoted from properly you’ll find the poster has run out of excuses for Ardley and is decidedly in the camp of must start showing improvement. Certainly not in the camp of thinking he doesn’t deserve any criticism......

Please do make your mind up on who should be shushed and who should not.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    We all have own opinions except when you disagree with them and thus tell us to shut up.

If you read the post you’ve quoted from properly you’ll find the poster has run out of excuses for Ardley and is decidedly in the camp of must start showing improvement. Certainly not in the camp of thinking he doesn’t deserve any criticism......

Please do make your mind up on who should be shushed and who should not.
    Instead of moaning why not give constructive criticism??? Ran out of excuses that's funny at least he's had legitimate excuses and not fobbed us off

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast