+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans hall of fame

Fans hall of fame

If we have a fans Hall of Fame, these guys should be there.
    I don't know them personally - one went to school with my sister and I remember one guy from my first match.
    A magnificent 11 - You know who you are!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    I don't know them personally - one went to school with my sister and I remember one guy from my first match.
    They should smile more.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Don't talk bloody daft ThaiPie. Assuming length of support measures being a 'Hall of Famer' half those on the picture wouldn't make first base. I've been a 'Pie for over 70 years (last match against Wrexham) and I'm sure Joe, Bridgford and oldpie aren't far behind me for example.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Don't talk bloody daft ThaiPie. Assuming length of support measures being a 'Hall of Famer' half those on the picture wouldn't make first base. I've been a 'Pie for over 70 years (last match against Wrexham) and I'm sure Joe, Bridgford and oldpie aren't far behind me for example.
    Newbie here, first game was 1961 so only 58 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    They should smile more.
    It was raining, and 95% of the facebook and twitter users who said they'd go didn't show up

Why did you single out those 11? (I counted 12) Apart from the feller second from the left, middle row, what have they done that is so special? Or did they just happen to be passing by on a rainy day?

My first game was October 1950 not quite as long as serious but getting there as all us Golden Oldie Mouldy's are.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Why did you single out those 11? (I counted 12) Apart from the feller second from the left, middle row, what have they done that is so special? Or did they just happen to be passing by on a rainy day?
    That was the fans at the protest against Hardy prior to the Nuneaton game in July, I believe. Already seems like a distant memory.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    It was the protest against Hardy. As a previous poster has said, the dire situation the club was in, is quickly being forgotten. These fans turned out at a time when there didn't seem to be much fight left in the fans.

P.S. Not sure being old by itself should qualify for a fans Hall of Fame. Sitting in the Pavis is recognition enough!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast