+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    For all the people who want Ardley out ( and Its understandable) I will take the Elite Pie line of gestapo type questioning and ask the following:

1. Who would you like him replaced with
    2. Given the budget is spent what exactly are your plans with the squad which is a freshly inherited one bought almost entirely by Neil Ardley.
    3. If your chosen manager is placed in the hottest of hot seats and is clearly under performing in 3 months where do we go from there?

I look forward to your considered and reasoned responses. Sacking a manager money aside is easy. Answering the questions above is where I would like to see progress, thought and reason. I have really yet to see any on here from anyone. Answers such as "thats up to the Reedtz brothers" and so on are unacceptable!

I wouldn't mind if I we replaced him with HK again , seeing as we are still paying his wages.
    However he would probably feel hard done by as he would have to work with a squad of players assembled by another manager and have no transfers of his own to work with.
    Even so last time he did manage a modicum of change in the performances and results and was discarded much to soo.
    Its a clear as day that Ardley is a one win in five man and nothing he's done seems to change that.!
    Anyway there are many managers that would bite your hand off to take over at the club even knowing that they would need to get rid before they could replace players.
    So there's Kewell
    my personal favourite Gary Waddock but I'm sure there are many others in the national league that would come or many unemployed ones waiting for a vacancy...
    Is Fullerton still unemployed ! ( thanks but no thanks !!)

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I wouldn't mind if I we replaced him with HK again , seeing as we are still paying his wages.
    However he would probably feel hard done by as he would have to work with a squad of players assembled by another manager and have no transfers of his own to work with.
    Even so last time he did manage a modicum of change in the performances and results and was discarded much to soo.
    Its a clear as day that Ardley is a one win in five man and nothing he's done seems to change that.!
    Anyway there are many managers that would bite your hand off to take over at the club even knowing that they would need to get rid before they could replace players.
    So there's Kewell
    my personal favourite Gary Waddock but I'm sure there are many others in the national league that would come or many unemployed ones waiting for a vacancy...
    Is Fullerton still unemployed ! ( thanks but no thanks !!)
    So your solution is to replace him with Harry Kewell to save money or the guy who basically relegated Aldershot last year ( who were obviously saved thanks to someone else going bust) Thanks for your valued input!

So your solution is to replace him with Harry Kewell to save money or the guy who basically relegated Aldershot last year ( who were obviously saved thanks to someone else going bust) Thanks for your valued input!
    His squad was depleted by injuries you Muppet.
    How about the two seasons on the trot when he got them into the play offs ?
    HK wouldn't just be a cost saving, as I stated he improved results when he took over with what squad he was left with ( bar a couple of none contract players)
    try getting more vitamin C and D into your diet it might arouse that brain cell of yours
    thanks for spending time with us , but to be honest don't bother next time.
    much love xxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    His squad was depleted by injuries you Muppet.
    How about the two seasons on the trot when he got them into the play offs ?
    HK wouldn't just be a cost saving, as I stated he improved results when he took over with what squad he was left with ( bar a couple of none contract players)
    try getting more vitamin C and D into your diet it might arouse that brain cell of yours
    thanks for spending time with us , but to be honest don't bother next time.
    much love xxxxxxx
    Personal insults now. Well I won't stoop to that level, needless to say that I think it's quite clear that your solutions to the Ardley issue are perhaps not fantastic. You've shown exactly the lack of insight I expect from people who shout for the managers head without a second thought for "what's next". Let's go ahead and get rid of Ardley and bring Kewell back in, a manager who had an acceptable season at Crawley and was then relegated to punditry on the woeful Australian national team shortly after. And you call me a Muppet. Incredible. Go to bed!

I’m with Pedro we sacked Kewell for this idiot we now have and the reason he should be sacked is his record is as bad as Fullarton / Kiwomya enough said.

Who would I like to take over that’s not an easy question to answer but there are managers out there better for sure I mean instead of allowing him to sign several players like Tyson we would be better off saving that money and putting it towards a decent manager as it stands I sometimes think I wish we would be put out of our misery like Bury.

If I was the owners I’d be very concerned with the money we are paying the 6/7 youth team players and also a few others who have been frozen out that is 9/10 players he refuses to pick let’s say on average it is £700 a week that is £28k a month we are wasting on players not playing.

needless to say that I think it's quite clear that your solutions to the Ardley issue are perhaps not fantastic. You've shown exactly the lack of insight I expect from people who shout for the managers head without a second thought for "what's next".
    Could I politely ask what your solution to the "Ardley issue" is? There seems to be this theory that if we give him time he will eventually come good, but this seems to be based solely on the other theory that constantly sacking managers isn't the answer. So what qualities does Ardley possess that makes him the one to stick with?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I’m with Pedro we sacked Kewell for this idiot we now have and the reason he should be sacked is his record is as bad as Fullarton / Kiwomya enough said.

Who would I like to take over that’s not an easy question to answer but there are managers out there better for sure I mean instead of allowing him to sign several players like Tyson we would be better off saving that money and putting it towards a decent manager as it stands I sometimes think I wish we would be put out of our misery like Bury.

If I was the owners I’d be very concerned with the money we are paying the 6/7 youth team players and also a few others who have been frozen out that is 9/10 players he refuses to pick let’s say on average it is £700 a week that is £28k a month we are wasting on players not playing.
    The first sentence is incorrect. We sacked Kewell and then replaced him with Ardley. Kewell wasn't sacked to make way for Ardley.

In regard to Ardley in or out, I'm still with the incrowd although beginning to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Could I politely ask what your solution to the "Ardley issue" is? There seems to be this theory that if we give him time he will eventually come good, but this seems to be based solely on the other theory that constantly sacking managers isn't the answer. So what qualities does Ardley possess that makes him the one to stick with?
    Standard Elite tactics. Asking a question about a question. I am beginning to have my doubts and I make no bones about that. My thinking was that he needed more time to be proven either way actually. I dont have a crystal ball. So are you going to answer the ORIGINAL questions or not Elite? Until today I have never actually seen you state "Ardley out" Seeming as you now want "Ardley out" I assume you have some sort of plan in mind for "new man in", or am I mistaken?

Personal insults now. Well I won't stoop to that level, needless to say that I think it's quite clear that your solutions to the Ardley issue are perhaps not fantastic. You've shown exactly the lack of insight I expect from people who shout for the managers head without a second thought for "what's next". Let's go ahead and get rid of Ardley and bring Kewell back in, a manager who had an acceptable season at Crawley and was then relegated to punditry on the woeful Australian national team shortly after. And you call me a Muppet. Incredible. Go to bed!
    YAWN AND MORE YAWNS !
    the what's next is obvious , a new manager.
    Kewell would be a much better choice than what we have in place at the moment, but this is only an example or suggestion as you will probably not the definitive answer
    However
    I'm sure there could be much better candidates for the position and I'm quite open for suggestions
    I'm sure the club would be as well if they decided to part company and look elsewhere
    could you please explain to me why you are so keen on keeping Ardley and see him as the answer to our current plight when in essence he was the cause of it.
    I didn't realise calling you a muppet devalued the valid points that were made, that you seemed to ignore.
    I cant go to bed I'm at work ! x
    much love my good friend xxx

Standard Elite tactics. Asking a question about a question. I am beginning to have my doubts and I make no bones about that. My thinking was that he needed more time to be proven either way actually. I dont have a crystal ball. So are you going to answer the ORIGINAL questions or not Elite? Until today I have never actually seen you state "Ardley out" Seeming as you now want "Ardley out" I assume you have some sort of plan in mind for "new man in", or am I mistaken?
    Not usually one for defending mr Elite and i dont think he needs my help arguing the point but he was among the first to say Ardley needed to go around 10-12 games before the end of last season and that argument hasn't wavered since then, unlike me who gave Ardley a bit of credit and a clean slate for sticking it out through the summer and then flipped back to being an Ardley outter when nothing changed, i remember it well because it was for the exact same reasons i have for wanting him to leave, statisical evidence and lack of improvement over a long period of time.

As for a replacement this is a tricky one because i don't think any of us have a clue of what type or calibre of manager we can attract as a NL club, if we were in league 2 i think we'd be talking about parkinson, flitcroft, adkins but this is a complete unknown for us, i guess the guys in charge would shortlist some names and make the decision for us anyway,because for all our whinging and flip flopping in/out and arguing none of us have any say whatsoever in Ardley staying or going or who would replace him if he went.

From where i'm sitting though i dont think any new man would be doing too much worse than Ardley is doing, 1 ppg average over a seasons worth of games is relegation form for any club and it doesnt look like it is going to improve despite us all wanting it to work out for him i just dont think he's up to the task.
    Even the most average of average managers wins around 30% of their games if they are to make a career as a football manager, a pretty decent one will be around 40%, Ardley is hovering around 20% and has done for a year, every 5 games W1 L2 D2 its poor.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast