+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Shhhhhhh

To name a name for a potenial new manager i was banging the drum for AFC Fyldes Dave Challinor pre season, he may be tempted to move to a club with our resources and potential, they we're unlucky to miss out on promotion to league two last year and have started this season poorly having lost some of their better players following their good season last time around.
    Here are some quotes from his post match interview after being beaten 4-1 by Halifax

“The game’s wide open, we missed a host of chances, but I’m not bothered about that.

“It’s always difficult after games but what I’m not going to do is stand here and make myself look stupid and try and justify it and come up with excuses and rubbish like that.

“My bigger disappointment is ultimately, towards the back end, that’s a gutless performance.

“As a player, what I would always do would be give everything and that’s the bigger concern for me; that is completely unacceptable.

“I apologise – the players won’t because they probably think they are beyond it – to our supporters.

“What they’ve had to watch – similar to what I’ve had to watch for that last 35 minutes – is completely unacceptable and won’t be tolerated.

“You hear people saying if you could reimburse supporters then you would do; they’ve paid hard earned money to come here and travel.

“We know where we’re at as a club in terms of away spectators that we have, who have paid money to watch that, and I’m disgusted by it.”

he may or may not be the man but thats the kind of manager i think most Ardley outters want to see doing the post match interviews and half time team talks

we'll get to see him close up in a couple of games time,keep an eye on him.
    Last edited by bridpie78; 22-09-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    YAWN AND MORE YAWNS !
    the what's next is obvious , a new manager.
    Kewell would be a much better choice than what we have in place at the moment, but this is only an example or suggestion as you will probably not the definitive answer
    However
    I'm sure there could be much better candidates for the position and I'm quite open for suggestions
    I'm sure the club would be as well if they decided to part company and look elsewhere
    could you please explain to me why you are so keen on keeping Ardley and see him as the answer to our current plight when in essence he was the cause of it.
    I didn't realise calling you a muppet devalued the valid points that were made, that you seemed to ignore.
    I cant go to bed I'm at work ! x
    much love my good friend xxx
    I'll happily answer your questions. My thoughts have been that in order to get a true picture of the manager we needed until the end of this month and I stand by that. I'm pretty sure I stated that previously and more than once. I am beginning to have my doubts about him. My post was that if you want "Ardley out" then what is the alternative, and my basis for that is that it is very easy to shout for the managers head, but it's not so easy to have a coherent plan in place to move forward. Especially when the manager has been allowed to shape the squad and the transfer kitty is apparently spent. Notts fans of all people should know that! My basis for "allowing" Ardley until the end of this month I think are fairly obvious but are the basis that I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for last season, given that things were a complete mess and write it off and that given the start to the season was delayed we needed some time to bed in and so on and so forth. i think the end of this month is ample time for that to have occured, but of course we are now beset by injuries...... If by the end of September things are not to my satisfaction perhaps I will reconsider my position. I dont think that opinion is particuarly unusual either. I also consider that this football club has been through enough upheaval in the past few months, and that whilst results are at very best inconsistent, I think in reality we all expected this to be a season of consolidation, but of course people are not prepared to accept that and want change. Perhaps there are better candidates for the position. However I certainly don't think Harry Kewell is, despite the fact that I agree with you that he was sacked too soon ( although neither of us probably know the real reasons why). I dont think that Ardley was the root cause of our plight personally the issues started some time before he came on board as you know. He failed to turn the ship around enough in a challenging environment and I was prepared to forgive him for that. Maybe I am just too reasonable. I was reading an old copy of 'The Pie' yesterday that had a piece written by Neil Warnock in it, certainly one of our most successful and respected managers of relatively recent times. In it he wrote about how the fans should be supporting their manager and team through thick and thin or words to that effect. It was an interesting read and a few of the chaps on here would do well to review it.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I'll happily answer your questions. My thoughts have been that in order to get a true picture of the manager we needed until the end of this month and I stand by that. I'm pretty sure I stated that previously and more than once. I am beginning to have my doubts about him. My post was that if you want "Ardley out" then what is the alternative, and my basis for that is that it is very easy to shout for the managers head, but it's not so easy to have a coherent plan in place to move forward. Especially when the manager has been allowed to shape the squad and the transfer kitty is apparently spent. Notts fans of all people should know that! My basis for "allowing" Ardley until the end of this month I think are fairly obvious but are the basis that I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for last season, given that things were a complete mess and write it off and that given the start to the season was delayed we needed some time to bed in and so on and so forth. i think the end of this month is ample time for that to have occured, but of course we are now beset by injuries...... If by the end of September things are not to my satisfaction perhaps I will reconsider my position. I dont think that opinion is particuarly unusual either. I also consider that this football club has been through enough upheaval in the past few months, and that whilst results are at very best inconsistent, I think in reality we all expected this to be a season of consolidation, but of course people are not prepared to accept that and want change. Perhaps there are better candidates for the position. However I certainly don't think Harry Kewell is, despite the fact that I agree with you that he was sacked too soon ( although neither of us probably know the real reasons why). I dont think that Ardley was the root cause of our plight personally the issues started some time before he came on board as you know. He failed to turn the ship around enough in a challenging environment and I was prepared to forgive him for that. Maybe I am just too reasonable. I was reading an old copy of 'The Pie' yesterday that had a piece written by Neil Warnock in it, certainly one of our most successful and respected managers of relatively recent times. In it he wrote about how the fans should be supporting their manager and team through thick and thin or words to that effect. It was an interesting read and a few of the chaps on here would do well to review it.
    All sensible points and ones that I cant really argue with.
    However I just don't see NA turning this around , we are getting very much the same as we did under his leadership last year, that took us down, but all the points for keeping him on seem valid enough.
    yes him taking us down wasn't solely his fault , The squad Nolan assembled was woeful in the end.
    I think he's a nice bloke , but I haven't seen anything that he's done since he arrived is good enough for this club to prosper.
    His style of football is so negative , we just don't seem to create enough chances in and around the box , never mind the 6 yard area.
    yes we have injuries now but I think this highlights his frailties.
    He built the squad so replacements should adequate.
    You have Bird sitting on the bench when he is our natural (and a good) centre back so don't bemoan that your centre backs are injured when you don't play your best replacement.
    Midfield I believe we still have Crawford at the club who by all accounts excelled at this level when out on loan last season, who doesn't get a sniff of a game for us.
    I would love the club to install a manager and stick with him , but I believe Ardley hasn't showed enough to warrant this faith.
    Does anyone believe that we will win on Tuesday ,
    I for one don't think we will , it will be another point gained at best followed up by a hard earned point at home.
    if this does happen then that in itself would be enough to justify his removal...x

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    All sensible points and ones that I cant really argue with.
    However I just don't see NA turning this around , we are getting very much the same as we did under his leadership last year, that took us down, but all the points for keeping him on seem valid enough.
    yes him taking us down wasn't solely his fault , The squad Nolan assembled was woeful in the end.
    I think he's a nice bloke , but I haven't seen anything that he's done since he arrived is good enough for this club to prosper.
    His style of football is so negative , we just don't seem to create enough chances in and around the box , never mind the 6 yard area.
    yes we have injuries now but I think this highlights his frailties.
    He built the squad so replacements should adequate.
    You have Bird sitting on the bench when he is our natural (and a good) centre back so don't bemoan that your centre backs are injured when you don't play your best replacement.
    Midfield I believe we still have Crawford at the club who by all accounts excelled at this level when out on loan last season, who doesn't get a sniff of a game for us.
    I would love the club to install a manager and stick with him , but I believe Ardley hasn't showed enough to warrant this faith.
    Does anyone believe that we will win on Tuesday ,
    I for one don't think we will , it will be another point gained at best followed up by a hard earned point at home.
    if this does happen then that in itself would be enough to justify his removal...x
    I have not watched all the games I admit but I get delayed full games on Notts ap and watched a few last year. There are spells where we seem not too bad but yes the football can be pretty dull. What will be do on Tuesday? Who Knows. The most worrying aspect for Ardley from me is his motivational skills not the football. I think we could all accept dull football if we were picking up more points. I still need convincing that he can get the side playing. His excuses yesterday were that he told the players what to do and they didnt do it. Well he needs to make sure that they do it. That for me is where the jury is still out. He's nice, perhaps he's too nice but if we are going to bring in nasty instead and shout out for nice then we need a bloody good plan to deal with a squad of players who are used to having someone be nice to them. This is possibly where it all went wrong with Kewell. Old mate jobs for the boys left and nasty guy came in. Look how that ended up. Too easy to shout for a head at this point for me although I agree that its a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    So are you going to answer the ORIGINAL questions or not Elite? Until today I have never actually seen you state "Ardley out" Seeming as you now want "Ardley out" I assume you have some sort of plan in mind for "new man in", or am I mistaken?
    As I said before, if you are asking for a specific name as his replacement I can't give you one. I lost any last bit confidence in Neal Ardley after Newport battered us at home last season, and wanted him gone the minute the final whistle was blown at Swindon. I think any reasonably competent manager would have kept us up with the squad we had last season, and I think any reasonably competent manager would be doing better with the squad we have this season. Ardley has failed to organise and motivate his team on a regular basis since the day he was appointed. However long we give him, I can't see that changing and even though sacking yet another manager might not be the answer, blindly sticking with a poor one isn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    As I said before, if you are asking for a specific name as his replacement I can't give you one. I lost any last bit confidence in Neal Ardley after Newport battered us at home last season, and wanted him gone the minute the final whistle was blown at Swindon. I think any reasonably competent manager would have kept us up with the squad we had last season, and I think any reasonably competent manager would be doing better with the squad we have this season. Ardley has failed to organise and motivate his team on a regular basis since the day he was appointed. However long we give him, I can't see that changing and even though sacking yet another manager might not be the answer, blindly sticking with a poor one isn't either.
    Gary Flitcroft not float ur boat for Notts Elite? Trouble is, when an owner slags off 7 he interviews,think it was when Kewell came in,word gets round,so they won't apply again & you get left with the sheite to pick over. And that is what Ardley was/is.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    The first sentence is incorrect. We sacked Kewell and then replaced him with Ardley. Kewell wasn't sacked to make way for Ardley.

In regard to Ardley in or out, I'm still with the incrowd although beginning to wonder.
    It’s not incorrect at all we sacked Kewell and then gave the job to Ardley that’s a fact.

What is it going to take for us to sack him ?

The best guess is we drop into the bottom 4 if we do that he can have no complaints he is doing this club serious damage it’s not just this season let’s face it if we have a shocking season and finish say 20th how many ST will we sell next season ?

Also the ST was a price freeze of league two prices it’s ridiculous when watching a completely disorganised side.

I’m firmly in the out camp I was willing to cut him some slack at the start of the season with what we had but he has gone out and signed everyone who plays on a regular basis apart from Dennis and Enzio it simply is not good enough what we are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    What is it going to take for us to sack him ?
    An absolutely disastrous run of form that sees Notts anchored at/near the bottom of the league I would say.

Nothing less.

I'm afraid Ardley's doomsday clock is ticking away the minutes till he gets the elbow. For every minute gained by a win he loses two by a loss and one for a draw against a semi-amateur side.

He's been allowed to sign the players he says he needed for the positions he felt needed filling but the progress has been nil, in fact worse than nil, it's been mostly a disorganised rout, outplayed for long periods by clubs with a quarter of our gate and budget. We are slowly falling away from the leading pack and Ardley's satisfaction with a draw while saying we should have won but the players weren't listening is getting rather repetitious, if not fatuous.

In my mind the fans loyalty deserves more, as do the owners. Ardley's got his Shields, now he just needs a sword - to fall on.

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    An absolutely disastrous run of form that sees Notts anchored at/near the bottom of the league I would say.

Nothing less.
    Isn't it a sign of how far we've dropped our expectations of Notts over the years that we don't think that 14 from 12 games and sitting just above the relegation zone in the conference is a disastrous run of form?

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast