+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Isn't it a sign of how far we've dropped our expectations of Notts over the years that we don't think that 14 from 12 games and sitting just above the relegation zone in the conference is a disastrous run of form?
    I don't think so, no.

Not in any way satisfied with matters or indeed the manager who I am certainly not an apologist for but a personal perspective would be that Notts' results have been mediocre to poor, for what it's worth (not much). I would also aim this as a disastrous run from now - as the season progresses.

Past seasons and expectations are arguably not relevant now. They're all spilt milk. The club can only work from here.

Back on the 15th after the Halifax win I mentally gave Ardley five more games. Won one, lost one since then. Three to go. Still on the fence at the mo, but more towards giving him a chance. It helps that no one has stuffed us properly yet and we have a positive goal diff!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Could I politely ask what your solution to the "Ardley issue" is? There seems to be this theory that if we give him time he will eventually come good, but this seems to be based solely on the other theory that constantly sacking managers isn't the answer. So what qualities does Ardley possess that makes him the one to stick with?
    From a supporters point of view he is based on one thing only, results. And it’s certainly a mixed bag. Some are more accommodating than others with regards the inconsistency and the circumstances he has had to deal with.
    However, he must have something about him. A number of players have signed for us and in JoB’s case re-signed because of the manager. Several were quoted as joining because of the manager. He seems well liked by the players.
    I am 50-50 with him at the moment. However, if the performances and results remain inconsistent from now on, that split will start to move towards Ardley OUT. He has had a chance to build fitness and get the squad used to each other now. We can’t have that as an excuse anymore. Despite a slowish start we are on the coat tails of the play offs and hopefully Ardley can move us in to them.

We are also 2 points off the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Isn't it a sign of how far we've dropped our expectations of Notts over the years that we don't think that 14 from 12 games and sitting just above the relegation zone in the conference is a disastrous run of form?
    We are also 2 points off the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    Back on the 15th after the Halifax win I mentally gave Ardley five more games. Won one, lost one since then. Three to go. Still on the fence at the mo, but more towards giving him a chance. It helps that no one has stuffed us properly yet and we have a positive goal diff!
    It's a good point about nobody giving us a hammering yet. Our biggest defeat has come against Yeovil, 3-1, but by all accounts we deserved to get something out of that game. We've lost while playing poorly, but it never sounds like the opposition has simply been too good to handle. That sums us up though. We have the ability to challenge for promotion - the only team stopping us from that is ourselves.

I'm on the fence re Ardley. Just when I think I've had enough, we get a win, buying him more time. I still think another month, or perhaps even until Christmas, assuming results aren't awful, would give us a clearer picture. We seem like we're on the verge of something happening, but it has been like that many times before.

Big game on Saturday. Back-to-back wins would be huge. Could be a turning point. And for that reason, I suspect we'll draw or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

I'm on the fence re Ardley. Just when I think I've had enough, we get a win, buying him more time. I still think another month, or perhaps even until Christmas, assuming results aren't awful, would give us a clearer picture. We seem like we're on the verge of something happening, but it has been like that many times before.

Big game on Saturday. Back-to-back wins would be huge. Could be a turning point. And for that reason, I suspect we'll draw or lose.

This is the Problem when making a judgement on Ardley, he is so predictably inconsistent, that may sound like its contradictory, but he tends to
    P5 W1D2L2 a pattern that repeats over and over, just when you think he should absolutely go he pops up with a win which defuses the situation , just when you think he's turned a corner by going unbeaten for a few games and kick on he loses one.

Its frustrating that he can't string wins together, hopefully this weekend we can celebrate him getting two straight wins in front of a record breaking crowd, ironically if he does do it now it will be with a weaker team with our mini crisis of injuries/suspension, so things should steadily improve as key players return .....

It's a shame we got the injuries we would of been able to make a fair judgement with a run of games with a fit and settled side. I personally hope he comes good i think he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    It's a shame we got the injuries we would of been able to make a fair judgement with a run of games with a fit and settled side. I personally hope he comes good i think he deserves it.
    Some of the injuries & suspended players might also benefit us for example Osbourne has started two games and he has won both of them.

I don't have much faith in Ardley to be honest he does have a chance to prove me wrong, the concern will be in a few games time once Doyle walks straight back into the side and someone probably Osbourne will be left out which sends the wrong message to the squad as a whole.

The only player who will walk back in is Turner with McCrory going back to left back.

Not convinced by Ardley myself but who is realistically going to come in and do a better job?

This was always going to be a consolidation season. Might flirt with the play-offs but anyone expecting someone else to come in and get promoted is a bit deluded.

Thankfully the Danes seem a bit more patient and don't listen to knee jerk reactions from Twitter and message boards.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast