+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers Post Match Thoughts

Bolton Wanderers Post Match Thoughts

At 3:04 the shift manager at Rotherham Samaritans was calling in extra staff as Bolton scored their first goal of the season and the script of woe everyone had written was being acted out in perfection. But this is Rotherham United and things always work out in the end Has the ghost of Keith Hill finally been laid to rest? Not a good day for him or his former teams. Should Barmsley be worried for tomorrow?

Thoughts on today? Good performance to kick start our season and a few players or despite all the angst, just an expected win against a poor team in disarray?

Great result. We finally managed to get revenge on Keith Hill, and even all our forwards got on the scoresheet. As CAM points out, quite difficult to judge the real quality of our opponents though. Couldn't go to the match today, unfortunately, but will be at Sunderland on Tuesday night. UTM!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 14-09-2019 at 04:14 PM.

I thought Crooks had a great game. Wiles looked better as well. Admittedly, even though Bolton started like a train, they were very poor.

Good to see the strikers get a couple each. Hopefully that will give them a boost.

Us as fans need to take a look at ourselves. 6-1 and we hardly made any noise. Do we need to start looking at forming a section for the singer's or a standing area?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I thought Crooks had a great game. Wiles looked better as well. Admittedly, even though Bolton started like a train, they were very poor.

Good to see the strikers get a couple each. Hopefully that will give them a boost.

Us as fans need to take a look at ourselves. 6-1 and we hardly made any noise. Do we need to start looking at forming a section for the singer's or a standing area?
    I was making plenty of noise around the pool in Majorca, gutted to miss the match. When was the last time we hit 6.

We (fans) were embarrassing, what’s happened to our great atmosphere, do we need Evans back?

Why did we let them score?
    Some good play and skill from some of our players but also still some bad passing
    It’s hard to say if we were great against Bolton really but it certainly gives us fans/players confidence
    Think I’m going to say Olosunde MOTM but certainly contenders
    Good to see our strikers scoring

Bring on Sunderland

I think the result spoiled everyones fun. We went today with knives out, hoping to have a good old moan about how the system isn't working, and expecting born again Bolton to make us their first victims of their heroic comeback. Everything was going to plan (apart from us playing what looked like a 4-4-2 system) when Bolton took an early lead.

But then we spent the rest of the match taking them apart, which wasn't In the script.

In all seriousness though, as great a win as it is, I'm not sure what we can really take from it apart from some much needed confidence. Bolton had some decent players out there but are incomplete as a team and it turned into yet another rout for them.

Im pleased though, a win is a win under any circumstances. It just felt a bit like kicking a wounded defenceless animal.

Funny how people see things differently,I thought Crooks was poor(again),his legs seem to be made of elastic as the ball just bounces off him.
    Maybe he should watch Freddie and he might learn how to control a ball,but for once we punished a very poor team.
    Stand out for me were Freddie,Morris,Wiles and Olusunde,if this lad keeps inproving he will be our record transfer.

I thought we did what we had to do beating a poor side comfortably so I wouldn't get too carried away by this result.

Still a little disappointed that we took foot off pedal at 6-1 because I thought we could get a lot more but we changed shape and personnel and didn't look threatening after that. I also thought young Lamy would get a run out after 6-1 with nothing to lose, if we not gonna try him at that moment then when are we.

Shout at to Wiles on another great performance and top individual goal, this lad is turning into some player we have a right prospect in our hands with him.

No pleasure from today's result except the 3 points.
    I guess after the last few month Bolton are just happy to be alive. There team is lower league 2/ conference at best so anything but a confidence boosting win for us would be frowned upon.
    I would be surprised if Bolton got into double figures (points wise) this season.
    A sterner test to come over the next couple of games

Crooks was man of the match today - his movement off the ball and his reading of the game was second to none. He was always available for a pass coming out of defence and that was the difference today, the reason we didn`t resort to humping hopeful long balls up the pitch for once. He can be a bit frustrating at times when he loses the ball by being too casual but i`ll take that now and again when he offers so much with the rest of his game.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast