+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers Post Match Thoughts

Don't know how anyone cannot be enthused about a 6-1 victory. You sometimes need a win to kick start a season. hopefully this will be it. We were all worried before the game so whats not to like now? Midfield is still not clicking but we are 70% there. Lindsay, Wiles, Crooks, Hastie and Olosunde are all young and will improve as the season goes on. Bolton will also get better and I think their fans were excellent. Freddie and Carlton Morris up front for me and Smith to go in January if he keeps looking disinterested. Proctor to return maybe. MOM Wiles from Lindsay and Ihiekwe.

Quote Originally Posted by craftymiller View Post
    The big difference this week to last week at Doncaster was Linsey and Crooks in central
    midfield, both wanted to dictate the play and boss the game unlike our midfield last week.
    Although as the game progressed,particularly after we were five up,Crooks became more
    casual and looked as though he just wanted to mess about and enjoy himself resulting in
    him giving the ball away so often.
    Hastie looks a tremendus find and looks as though theres much more to come.
    Hasties not come off at Rangers if I was Warne I would be asking what price in January get in first before others come sniffing.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Don't be fooled by the result or the performance of our practice match V Bolton Wanderers this afternoon.

Bolton were the unfittest team I have ever seen take to a football field and I include the 70's when players used to have a fag at half time.

Apart from their number 17 who was the only decent footballer on show, Bolton were absolutely knackered.

However, even their woefully, unfit underprepared players made Crooks seem energetic..

What on earth has happened to him? He plays like a lethargic moody ****ager who would rather be pissing around on his playstation.

Here is my bold prediction. At some point in the season when Warne can no longer justify his place in the starting eleven, Warne will announce that Crooks has been playing with an injury all season.

That's the only explanation for his disinterested, pathetic displays.
    To be fair IBS, when we lose you are happy to slag us off. We win 6-1 and you slag one of our better players off. He can't have played that bad if we win 6-1.

As I've said Bolton were poor. That's why we smashed em.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Hasties not come off at Rangers if I was Warne I would be asking what price in January get in first before others come sniffing.
    Hastie would still be at Rangers had they not paid Liverpool £7,000,000 to sign Kent. That's the only reason we were allowed to take him on loan. I agree though, what a player he is. We can but dream about signing him. He will end up at the likes of Leeds if it goes to a bidding war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Totally agree speed, skill, enthusiasm good crosses and can finish far better than the four
    we let go in the closed season plus we've got Ogbene and Lamey to look forward to.

One good point about today was that we didn’t play a strict 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

Both Wiles and Hastie seemed to have been instructed to play more advanced roles and it gave us a bit more flexibility.

Our next game will give us a better clue as to how the team is settling down.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    You can only beat what’s put in front of you, so it’s a job well done against a poor side. They will get better as the season progresses. Two standout players for them, Thibaud Verlinden (17) the goal scorer and Liam Bridcutt (28).
    What an excellent goal for the equaliser from Ben Wiles, showed class and composure.
    Good to see both strikers score a couple. Game was over at 3-1, they showed very little up front from ten minutes in. Still a lot to do, onwards and upwards.
    My MotM was Carlton Morris.

Looking forward to the Stadium of Light Tuesday, bring it on.
    Keep that McGeady quiet and you nullify 80% of what they are all about offensively .

Easier said than done mind , he's way above League One level .

Have a safe trip and hope you can grab the points mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Hastie would still be at Rangers had they not paid Liverpool £7,000,000 to sign Kent. That's the only reason we were allowed to take him on loan. I agree though, what a player he is. We can but dream about signing him. He will end up at the likes of Leeds if it goes to a bidding war.
    Rangers paid £7m for Ryan Kent !!!

Good grief .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Good grief .
    More like Robin Kents then?

Keep that McGeady quiet and you nullify 80% of what they are all about offensively .
    Easier said than done mind , he's way above League One level .
    Have a safe trip and hope you can grab the points mate.
    McGeady scored today for Sunderland and he’s played against us before when he was at Preston, we will keep him quiet, besides we have some decent players of our own to cause them problems. I’m looking for a point.
    Stadium of Light is the only ground I haven’t been to in League 1, watching the Millers.

Good grief .
    Why be surprised, wasn’t he voted Young player of the Year when on loan for your lot.

6-1 today should give us confidence for Tuesday night. That’s confidence not over confident.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast