+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. AFC Fylde 28.09.19

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Interesting. That makes an average of just over thirty league matches a year. I guess the average is dragged down by the war years, and by smaller leagues in the 'olden days'. If we'd always played at today's annual match rate, we'd have reached that milestone a long time ago.
    The Football League wasn't founded until 1888, which means we couldn't play league games for the first 26 years.

Do this season's games count seeing as we are essentially non-league or are we just saying any game that involves playing for points in a league season?

How many extra tickets is everyone planning on getting? Three extra people are coming with me to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Interesting. That makes an average of just over thirty league matches a year. I guess the average is dragged down by the war years, and by smaller leagues in the 'olden days'. If we'd always played at today's annual match rate, we'd have reached that milestone a long time ago.
    You're right. The leagues lost 11 seasons to the world wars, which cost us 450ish games. And we didn't play more than 40 games in a season until 1919/20 (we didn't play the current allotment of 46 until 1958/59, and we've only done it continuously since 1992/93).

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Do this season's games count seeing as we are essentially non-league or are we just saying any game that involves playing for points in a league season?
    As long as we're careful with the semantics (ie. it's our 5,000th league game, not our 5,000th League game), I think it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    As long as we're careful with the semantics (ie. it's our 5,000th league game, not our 5,000th League game), I think it's fine.
    Ok, thanks for the clarification

Please could everyone reduce their predicted attendance by one, as I have a prior engagement on that day in the land of the goat botherers. As others have said, the next two results will have some bearing on how many we get, but anything over 10,000 will be commendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Please could everyone reduce their predicted attendance by one, as I have a prior engagement on that day in the land of the goat botherers. As others have said, the next two results will have some bearing on how many we get, but anything over 10,000 will be commendable.
    I would keep it the same, seems an ideal time to come 'home'.

I think the attendance will depend on how many people turn up, but I expect between 14,000 - 15,000.

Also, I think the result will depend on how many goals are scored and who scores them, therefore I predict a massive 0-0 after VAR disallows three Fylde goals.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    And are we including the United Counties League that we played in around the time we won the FA Cup?

Back to the present, the current average of 5,100 would be the 6th highest in the 4th tier and is also better than six clubs in the 3rd tier, so you could say that even at this level we've got the support that should sustain a club two levels higher if they're run properly.

Regardless of the Sunderland factor, crowds in the 3rd tier are very impressive these days, 15 clubs are averaging 6k plus, half are over 7k and 6 clubs above 9k.

So who has already bought extra tickets then? How many people normally go with you to a game and how many are planning to come with you to this game?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast