+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Injuries mounting up!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,076

    Injuries mounting up!!

    Looks like Schar might have torn his calf muscle.Long time out if true.
    What is to blame for all these muscle injuries,is it Bruce's training methods,the poor facilities or is it like I think.Combination of both.
    Worrying though as over the last few seasons the injury list was way down.With our poor squad we cant afford many if any.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16,955
    Aye, it's something we've noticed.

    Rafa was all over that sort of thing with his conditioning coaches whereas Bruce is very 'old school'.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, it's something we've noticed.

    Rafa was all over that sort of thing with his conditioning coaches whereas Bruce is very 'old school'.
    Bruce's conditioning is the fu(king magic sponge.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16,955
    It's not even that magic.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,582
    I think it's Bruce's trainning regime personally.

    As said, he's "old school" and all the running will increase the potential for injuries, or picking them up in matches.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,696
    Donít worry. We have Andy Carroll waiting in the wings.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    What injuries are Bruce's fault?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,123
    This upsurge in injuries from the last couple of years sure as helll look to me like poor preparation and a likely outdated training programme....all the responsibility of the head coach.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Looks like Schar might have torn his calf muscle.Long time out if true.
    What is to blame for all these muscle injuries,is it Bruce's training methods,the poor facilities or is it like I think.Combination of both.
    Worrying though as over the last few seasons the injury list was way down.With our poor squad we cant afford many if any.
    I reckon the International break didnít help Schar. He played both friendlies

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,076
    Didn't watch the game but by the report I read,Super Bruce kept him on for a bit didn't he when he(Schar) was clearly injured.
    Surely a fairly manager would have taken into account the games he played midweek and as the game was lost looked after our best defender.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    I reckon the International break didnít help Schar. He played both friendlies
    Perhaps the head coach should have been aware of this and rested him.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    41,582
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    What injuries are Bruce's fault?
    I know you get this but anyway:

    We're saying that the way Bruce has changed the training style (as is obviously his right as the new head coach) has almost certainly contributed to the upsurge in injuries.

    We've had players come out and say the trainning is a lot more running (hence why we are calling it "old school") and we've got this new strength and conditioning coach.

    By having this style of training we're infering that this is where we are picking more injuries up.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I know you get this but anyway:

    We're saying that the way Bruce has changed the training style (as is obviously his right as the new head coach) has almost certainly contributed to the upsurge in injuries.

    We've had players come out and say the trainning is a lot more running (hence why we are calling it "old school") and we've got this new strength and conditioning coach.

    By having this style of training we're infering that this is where we are picking more injuries up.
    I don't see where we're picking up more injuries.

    Take a look at our injury list. It's minimal, unless people want to count in injuries that cannot be put down to Bruce but appear to be pushing that way for some weird reason.
    This old school training makes zero sense as to injuries.

    So let's look at these injuries.
    Andy Carroll. ... Already was injured before we got him.
    Florian Lejeune. ...Injured last season not under Bruce.
    Dwight Gayle. ...Injury apparently picked up in China. 10 minutes into pre season it seems. Surely not Bruce's fault?.
    DeAndre Yedlin. ...Injured last season, not under Bruce.
    Matt Ritchie. ... Was a horrible challenge by Hamza Choudhury.
    Fabian Schar. ... Was a twist and slip injury that any player, no matter what training regime, could have got.
    Sean Longstaff was apparently a freak injury.
    Alain Saint Maximin seems the only one that's pulling up.
    So having a so called style of training is clearly not the reason for these injuries.
    And also the season is far far too early for any style of training to create injuries blamed for that, unless the style of training was walking around the training pitch before having bacon sarnies and bottles of pop, then home for a barbecue and drinks later.

    You get my point.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 16-09-2019 at 05:45 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,076
    Had a bad injury record under the likes of Pardew and McClaren and now Bruce.Most seem to be muscle injuries now like in the past.
    One of the main reasons we stayed up under Rafa was down to an almost clean bill of health.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •