+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    That's the top and bottom of it.We are only expected to beat certain teams in the League and if we keep the score down it's some sort of achievement,whereas a newly promoted team and no disrespect intended beat the champions.Now that's doing well and is achievement.I see no positives in losing 3-1 to Liverpool.Its not bigheaded expecting it,its a question of if they can why cant we.
    So,we can write off games against Liverpool,Man Utd,Man City,Spurs,Arsenal,Chelsea.I know we beat Spurs but I bet they beat us at home.If we keep the score down in those games we have done well.Cheers Ashley.What has our club become.
    Anymore teams if we have 20 odd percent possession against and keep the score down we can celebrate an achievement?
    We have more injured players than points on the board.Long season ahead.
    Too right. Never for one moment today did I think we would get a point, even when we were leading. It begs the question of why even bother to watch the matches on tv, never mind actually pay out to go and watch it live.

But, it seems there are plenty who don’t mind being ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Too right. Never for one moment today did I think we would get a point, even when we were leading. It begs the question of why even bother to watch the matches on tv, never mind actually pay out to go and watch it live.

100% agree mate the true fans are the ones staying away

That was dreadful to watch today. Pancake Faces remit with Ashley is to keep us in the Premiership it’s going to be a long season of watching that crap

Bruce has stated that if he gets a few wins the fans will be back, will they phuck. That team has relegation written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post

It's called being a fan and having hope.
    Nobody gave us much of a chance against Tottenham but we won.
    Liverpool as it stands are literally a different animal....as it stands. They can't get too much better, so it's no disgrace losing 3-1 away from home and in fact it would be no disgrace losing 3-1 at home to them...but they key issue is the hope before a ball is kicked, not the downer after it's all over, if we get beat.

That's the point though Ghost. Years and years of being told our only ambition is survival in the premiership, or a quick return when it inevitably goes wrong, has taken all hope from supporters. Some are happy that we did not get hammered by six or seven and accept a 3-1 defeat. That to me is a total disgrace and not what supporting a football team is about

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It's called being a fan and having hope.
    Nobody gave us much of a chance against Tottenham but we won.
    Liverpool as it stands are literally a different animal....as it stands. They can't get too much better, so it's no disgrace losing 3-1 away from home and in fact it would be no disgrace losing 3-1 at home to them...but they key issue is the hope before a ball is kicked, not the downer after it's all over, if we get beat.
    And the hope thing is fair enough but for a lot of us that has been taken away

The spurs result is a blip in an otherwise downward spiral

Each to their own though I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    That's the point though Ghost. Years and years of being told our only ambition is survival in the premiership, or a quick return when it inevitably goes wrong, has taken all hope from supporters. Some are happy that we did not get hammered by six or seven and accept a 3-1 defeat. That to me is a total disgrace and not what supporting a football team is about
    Who said our only ambition is survival in the premier league?

Most teams can get a one off result against anyone but a big investment in your squad buys you a very good chance of a higher performance ceiling for each individual player and a higher average performance level over a season.

For sure fat Mike hopes we somehow miraculously do a Leicester as long as it doesn't cost him but the first trophy in every year must be the spreadsheet championship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)