+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smudger ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    So most on here know better than Warne then ?
    I’ll ask again how many have seen him in training this season? that would be none.

How many know what’s going off behind the scenes? That would be none again.

Both strikers scored 2 goals yesterday but not enough for some to have a go because we’re not playing a striker who looks disinterested.

Peoples opinions are stated as facts again.

See you all at Sunderland for 3 points hopefully with the strikers who scored yesterday.
    Why you biting instead of having an opinion?

I certainly don’t know more than Warne (well I don’t think I do)
    Training? I doubt what he does in training is making him a bad player because he certainly wasn’t last season.
    Yes strikers eventually scored yesterday, it would question them if they didn’t wouldn't it against Bolton.
    For me Smith is a target player and he isn’t playing that role so pointless being on pitch imo

Well I don’t go to the rehearsals of a play but I’m quite good at spotting a wooden performance on stage.

The concept of “managers favourite” is quite strong in football.

Also some managers have good players but lack the managerial ability to get the best out of them, Vardy for example

Plus some players are habitual movers, Mike Pollitt for example who has had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus

I think Brin mentioned last season that he had heard Smith wanted to leave the club last season?

* apologies if it wasn't you Brin .

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I think Brin mentioned last season that he had heard Smith wanted to leave the club last season?

* apologies if it wasn't you Brin .
    No pal wasn’t me....

We won yesterday but I guess that’s not enough for some?
    Yes it was Bolton but we did well what we had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    No pal wasn’t me....
    Apologies pal.

Just remembered someone posting on here that they had spoken to Smith after a match in the executive suite. Smith wasn't happy and wanted to leave.

Obviously it was someone else.

PW has options which is great for the club.
    433 with Smith hasn't really worked and players appear ineffective.
    He's played a 442 with two similar fast paced strikers and we bag six goals
    He could go with a more conservative 442 with Smith beating up Sunder lands defence and then either Ladapo or Morris playing off his knock downs as the lone pacey Striker.
    Then he could swap the other pacey striker in the last 20 mins to stretch the opposition.
    PW will have all the possibilities covered and confidence will be high on Tuesday.
    All good.

Smith still has a big part to play in this seasons campaign

ladapou how ever you spell his name is the summer marquee signing the one to score goals.

Smith on the wing isn't his position but unless they go 442 it will be between Smith and Morris.

maybe Morris is more mobile and has more to his game than hold up play.

there will be teams we play and situations were Smith will be needed but he isn't a goalscorer.

Slow and keeps giving the ball away.

Surely he should actually be quicker in League 1 compared to the Championship?

Legs shouldn't have gone at 27.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast