+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gowser

Gowser

Seems to be a split in opinions on him this year. A lot of support for him but a lot of our support also seem to think he is finished. I am looking for opinions - what am I missing? He got more today and I thought he was poor.
    What I see is some good touches and some vision and no doubting that he cares passionately, but he gets caught in possession a lot, let's guys run off him all the time, slows up a lot of moves and seems to spend half the game arguing with team mates.
    No doubt in my mind Gowser has been a good player for us in the past, but I now see him as a luxury we cannot carry. Particularly those that disagree with me, what is he bringing that I don't see?

Quote Originally Posted by HuddersfieldDee View Post
    Seems to be a split in opinions on him this year. A lot of support for him but a lot of our support also seem to think he is finished. I am looking for opinions - what am I missing? He got more today and I thought he was poor.
    What I see is some good touches and some vision and no doubting that he cares passionately, but he gets caught in possession a lot, let's guys run off him all the time, slows up a lot of moves and seems to spend half the game arguing with team mates.
    No doubt in my mind Gowser has been a good player for us in the past, but I now see him as a luxury we cannot carry. Particularly those that disagree with me, what is he bringing that I don't see?
    Still think he's the only player we have that could get the best out of the strikers... McCann's 1st stint when he kept us up he played just off the front...for me that's his best position and we should be able to use him as luxury in this league ffs...

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Still think he's the only player we have that could get the best out of the strikers... McCann's 1st stint when he kept us up he played just off the front...for me that's his best position and we should be able to use him as luxury in this league ffs...
    Why? Are there any games where we can afford luxury?

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Why? Are there any games where we can afford luxury?
    Yes.... Imo we have a stronger squad than we had last season...we need to have patience with McPake until he finds his best 11...but I believe we should be able find a place for one of the best players in the league in our team..

Yes.... Imo we have a stronger squad than we had last season...we need to have patience with McPake until he finds his best 11...but I believe we should be able find a place for one of the best players in the league in our team..
    What about the other teams? Most are also stronger but apart from that they are all very experienced In this league.
    Dunfermline, got e smoke, looked great against us in first half but are now bottom.
    Every team will raise their game against us and the dayglos, no room for luxury.

What about the other teams? Most are also stronger but apart from that they are all very experienced In this league.
    Dunfermline, got e smoke, looked great against us in first half but are now bottom.
    Every team will raise their game against us and the dayglos, no room for luxury.
    No sure where this is going...I take it you don't like McGowan...I don't see him as a luxury...it was OP that called him that...as for the other teams Ayr lost probably their 3 best players but are sitting joint top...ICT lost their best player... Shankland is obviously an good addition for the DABS but let's not kid ourselves this is the worst United team we've come up against in our lifetime...no doubt other teams will raise their game against us but I believe we have better players than any of them...ffs the Arabs next door are worrying about playing Arbroath at home next week... Gowser would walk into any of the other championship teams

No sure where this is going...I take it you don't like McGowan...I don't see him as a luxury...it was OP that called him that...as for the other teams Ayr lost probably their 3 best players but are sitting joint top...ICT lost their best player... Shankland is obviously an good addition for the DABS but let's not kid ourselves this is the worst United team we've come up against in our lifetime...no doubt other teams will raise their game against us but I believe we have better players than any of them...ffs the Arabs next door are worrying about playing Arbroath at home next week... Gowser would walk into any of the other championship teams
    I quite like McGowan for the tenacity aspect but I must’ve misread I thought you said we can afford a luxury in the side, apologies if you didn’t.

All I’m saying is we’re deluded if we think we can afford any luxury player in this league, and I do t agree we’ve got better players until the ones we’ve got prove it. They’ve a lot to prove after taking 6 in a derby

I quite like McGowan for the tenacity aspect but I must’ve misread I thought you said we can afford a luxury in the side, apologies if you didn’t.

All I’m saying is we’re deluded if we think we can afford any luxury player in this league, and I do t agree we’ve got better players until the ones we’ve got prove it. They’ve a lot to prove after taking 6 in a derby
    Yeah don't disagree...but like I said earlier we need McPake to find his best 11 and system... we've got 3 out 4 of the best strikers in the league...we need to be able to supply them to cause maximum damage...as for the Derby they'll never have a night like that again... they've got the hard neck to say they had no luck yesterday...good to see McCall put them straight

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)