+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Ratings v FC Halifax

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I can honestly say, nothing will live up to Saturday’s game. It made me realise how much we miss Notts County. I hope the team keep getting better and better for all of the loyal supporters.
    I spent many years living away from Nottingham, used to love coming home and going down the Lane with me ode man. I miss the moaning ode git so much that I've decided to turn into him! Had the chance many moons ago ( I was single then ) to transfer to the Australian Navy. A good friend of mine had made the move and I agonized for weeks but in the end decided to stay put. Family obviously being the main reason but I can't deny that Notts County didn't play a part.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I can honestly say, nothing will live up to Saturday’s game. It made me realise how much we miss Notts County. I hope the team keep getting better and better for all of the loyal supporters.
    Happily, you got lucky with that game. For any Notts fans like you who can only attend occasionally due to geographical reasons that was a great game to pick. It gave me much more pleasure than the likes of beating Chorley 5-1, because it was a win against the odds playing a team second in the table with 10 men for half the game. That's what keeps the likes of me loyal, a game like that makes up for a dozen insipid defeats. To truly enjoy the pleasure, you have to first endure the pain*.

* To the likes of tarquin and navypie I'm talking football here, so any comments about nipple clamps are highly inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Happily, you got lucky with that game. For any Notts fans like you who can only attend occasionally due to geographical reasons that was a great game to pick. It gave me much more pleasure than the likes of beating Chorley 5-1, because it was a win against the odds playing a team second in the table with 10 men for half the game. That's what keeps the likes of me loyal, a game like that makes up for a dozen insipid defeats. To truly enjoy the pleasure, you have to first endure the pain*.

* To the likes of tarquin and navypie I'm talking football here, so any comments about nipple clamps are highly inappropriate.
    Stopped me dead in me tracks.

I thought Leigh Curtis's ratings were pretty spot on but I'll still have a dabble.

Slocombe - Not bad, punched away what looked like a simple catch for a corner in the first half but made a decent save at 1-0 up. Good distribution and a couple of catches - 6

Brindley - I wasn't really a fan of Kelly-Evans so I'm glad they've strengthened the position. Really good debut, sound on the ball and put in a few good crosses. Would like to see him attack the byline to get the crosses in and commit the full back in future. - 7

Graham - Probably the best I've seen him play for Notts I think. Some shaky distribution in the first half but looked really solid in defence throughout. - 7

Turner - Another great performance, possible captain from now on. Missed a header early on which I thought should have been better. Hope his injury isn't serious - 8

Mccrory - I like him more and more every game. He looks more like a centre half to me and was found badly out of position once or twice early in the first half but was immense in the second. Near the end he turned on the ball in a congested penalty area and brought the ball out, I thought that was class. - 7

Enzio - He really is a difficult one isnt he. I thought he worked hard and had some good touches and personal moments including some really good crosses. He does labour though, I don't think he's lazy as such but his physique isn't really that of a dynamic footballer....maybe too much muscle mass makes him look slow, or tire quickly, a bit like Anthony Joshua? I dunno, but a decent game in my opinion when we were up against it. - 7

Doyle - Best player on the pitch in the first half. Wanting and getting on the ball at every opportunity and dictating the play brilliantly. Awfully timed and reckless challenge from someone who should know better - 5.5

Rose - Average in the first half but came to life and really relished the challenge of captaining the team in the second. More of that please! 7.5

O'Brien - MOTM. Best performance in a Notts shirt I've seen in a while. He just always turns up and tries to drive us forward. Never hides, fit as a fiddle, competitive, creative and loyal...probably my favourite player. One bad free kick in the first half - 9

Thomas - I really enjoyed his performance, lots of energy and hassleing of the defenders. Chasing lost causes and not neglecting his defensive duties. Great turn to set up a glorious chance...which he blazed over! Probably the story of his career. - 7.5

Wootton - Now this is a target man! I was concerned we were going to sign some big lump and just fire the ball at him constantly when Ardley said he wanted a target man but I couldn't have been more wrong. Strong, good in the air, quick feet, good positional sense, footballing brain and a good finisher. Interesting how he can't eat a game for the league twos bottom club. Really good game, couldn't do much else. - 8.5

Booty - I hope he's in better shape for the next four games. Still, showed some decent touches in the brief time he was on - 6

Rawlinson - what a luxury to be able to bring off the bench. Came on at a critical time and didn't put a foot wrong or look out of place, a credit to Ardley's squad rotation. - 7

Ardley - Notts's best game for a long time. Good substitutions and tactics when down to ten men...the players obviously play for him. - 8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12