+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T: Ashes Test

O/T: Ashes Test

Warner gone, Aussies 0 for 1. Broad gets him out.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Warner gone, Aussies 0 for 1. Broad gets him out.
    Change Warner for Smith and I’d feel a bit better!

Root is ordinality.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Root is ordinality.
    Oops.

Some fight shown today at least but hopefully we lose next week so Root gets sacked as captain.

No point bringing any new players in for next week might as well stick with these losers so they are tainted with failure which is what it is.

Australia totally deserved it. And that’s really hard for me to say.

Smith has won it in reality.

But England need to take a long hard look at themselves.

They need to learn to get their best players fit for important series, and that doesn’t necessarily mean resting them.

They need to only play fit players.

They need to play their best bloody players.

They need to drop players who can’t play to the circumstances. I’m sick of hearing “that’s how he plays”, that is no excuse.

They need to look at the mentality of players. Not how they perform in limited overs. That was key to fletchers success.

I’m gutted. We never really competed if I’m honest.

Correct Don you aren’t going to win an Ashes when only four players have turned up Archer Broad Stokes and Burns.

It’s been pathetic if not for Stokes it would be 3-0 now the worse thing that can happen is we win next week as that will certainly save Root as captain he has the leadership skills of Ardley ZERO.

I’ve mentioned before I’m not an expert when it comes to cricket but when I was younger you could rely on a certain Mr Boycott to grind out any kind of result you needed. Why do today’s players have an inability to stay at the crease and see out a draw, which is why I think was needed today? Ben Stokes’ knock in the last test was something special but I believe the stars aligned for him that day in a once in a lifetime slog but I would love to see a batsman consistently doing his best to frustrate the bowlers in an understated way just like Boycott did. I know it’s not exciting but surely it’s the result that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I’ve mentioned before I’m not an expert when it comes to cricket but when I was younger you could rely on a certain Mr Boycott to grind out any kind of result you needed. Why do today’s players have an inability to stay at the crease and see out a draw, which is why I think was needed today? Ben Stokes’ knock in the last test was something special but I believe the stars aligned for him that day in a once in a lifetime slog but I would love to see a batsman consistently doing his best to frustrate the bowlers in an understated way just like Boycott did. I know it’s not exciting but surely it’s the result that matters.
    I’m not old enough to remember Boycott, can remember Chris Tavare though.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post

Bottom line, the Aussies are much better than us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast