+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mankind will end so why do we bother?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mankind will end so why do we bother?

Just asking for a friend?

Having the last BBQ of the year watching the last day of Test cricket of the season round a mates. Glass of beer in one hand, burger in the other. Wives, kids and grandkids in attendance. Everyone in the garden looks happy even the Aussie..

It's enough for me.

Blimey 923, you’re easily pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmitch View Post
    Yes.
    and
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmitch View Post
    The next habitable galaxy is 4 light years away.

One light year is a distance of 6 trillion miles so that makes the next galaxy 24 trillion miles away.

Even if we could travel at the speed of light it would take us 137 years travelling non stop at the speed of light to travel it.

FFS.....it takes me 45 minutes from Chaddesley Corbett to The Hawthorns!

Everything is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

One light year is a distance of 6 trillion miles so that makes the next galaxy 24 trillion miles away.

Even if we could travel at the speed of light it would take us 137 years travelling non stop at the speed of light to travel it.

Everything is pointless.
    Few of us just going down to the beach to watch the sun go down behind the West Pier. I don't find that pointless.

Everything is pointless.
    A recent tv programme on the possible development of alternative propulsion systems for space travel suggested that a plasma drive could take a space craft to Proxima B in about 2000 years. Another system under investigation is one that uses light as the means of propulsion and it was estimated that if it could be successfully developed, it could take a spacecraft to Proxima B in about 20 years. However, although it has been suggested that Proxima B could well have conditions to support life, a few years ago a huge solar flare from it’s Sun, which is closer to the planet than we are to our Sun, May have been lethal to any life that may have been there. Science moves on though, exciting developments lie ahead if we don’t ruin this planet in the meantime.

Everything is pointless.

If we travelled at the speed of light it would take us one hundred thousand years to cross our own galaxy. There are enough stars in our galaxy to fill a swimming pool if they were grains of salt, and enough stars in the universe to fill every beach on earth if they were grains of sand. Some people think they are important, i find that laughable. We are just bits of bacteria on a rock in the middle of nowhere.

Just asking for a friend?
    It is a very interesting thread you started Mick...
    The statement appeals mainly to the individual's deep belief. A deep belief is like a root command embedded in your subconscious mind put there by your parents, siblings, schooling, society in general and a multitude of your own life experiences as you grow. The difficulty is that the vast majority of people are not aware on a conscious level, just what it is they truly believe.
    But weather you are aware or not....you make your life decisions based on these root commands that are deeply embedded in your subconscious mind....regardless of weather what you believe is right or not....
    Belief in death is a common held belief held by the vast majority of humans the world over. We are closing in on an extraordinary time to be alive and to be human......

Science is concluding that all is not what it appears to be after all. Climate science is pointing to a very disturbing time just a head (and I don't mean decades) and we need to change and rapidly...which wont happen presently.
    Evidence based science is aware we have entered an extinction phase in evolution. We are in it as conscious beings....but would appear to be asleep. Nature (evolution) is not a respecter of ignorance.
    If a child walks into a gunpowder shed with a lighted candle....nature will not make any allowances for the action....and the child will in all likely hood get blown up.
    When people walked along the beaches of Thailand in 2004 wondering where the sea had gone...nature didn't say..."oh those poor ignorant people don't understand what is about to happen...I'll stop until there ready"
    Human beings are here to stay on planet earth.....but just not everyone....or so it would appear!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    It is a very interesting thread you started Mick...
    The statement appeals mainly to the individual's deep belief. A deep belief is like a root command embedded in your subconscious mind put there by your parents, siblings, schooling, society in general and a multitude of your own life experiences as you grow. The difficulty is that the vast majority of people are not aware on a conscious level, just what it is they truly believe.
    But weather you are aware or not....you make your life decisions based on these root commands that are deeply embedded in your subconscious mind....regardless of weather what you believe is right or not....
    Belief in death is a common held belief held by the vast majority of humans the world over. We are closing in on an extraordinary time to be alive and to be human......

Science is concluding that all is not what it appears to be after all. Climate science is pointing to a very disturbing time just a head (and I don't mean decades) and we need to change and rapidly...which wont happen presently.
    Evidence based science is aware we have entered an extinction phase in evolution. We are in it as conscious beings....but would appear to be asleep. Nature (evolution) is not a respecter of ignorance.
    If a child walks into a gunpowder shed with a lighted candle....nature will not make any allowances for the action....and the child will in all likely hood get blown up.
    When people walked along the beaches of Thailand in 2004 wondering where the sea had gone...nature didn't say..."oh those poor ignorant people don't understand what is about to happen...I'll stop until there ready"
    Human beings are here to stay on planet earth.....but just not everyone....or so it would appear!
    Last year one of the dentists at my practice retired and then died very quickly from dementia in his early 60’s.

A brilliantly talented man and a great bloke.

I thought about all that training he’d done and his 40 year career,all that knowledge is now dust.

Same with Stephen Hawking......mankind has to lose a brain as fantastic as that.

We are less than a gnat bite on an elephant’s a r s e in reality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)