+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mankind will end so why do we bother?

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Was God from an alien race of a higher intelligence who went on to create a computer game in which we as mankind simply exist in a computer simulation? Life, Universe and everything that exists, is all but artificial and It can't be proved that it aint so.
    Cogito, ergo sum (René Descartes).

This is all getting too deep for me!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    A recent tv programme on the possible development of alternative propulsion systems for space travel suggested that a plasma drive could take a space craft to Proxima B in about 2000 years. Another system under investigation is one that uses light as the means of propulsion and it was estimated that if it could be successfully developed, it could take a spacecraft to Proxima B in about 20 years. However, although it has been suggested that Proxima B could well have conditions to support life, a few years ago a huge solar flare from it’s Sun, which is closer to the planet than we are to our Sun, May have been lethal to any life that may have been there. Science moves on though, exciting developments lie ahead if we don’t ruin this planet in the meantime.
    My points really is Kets......the universe itself is due to become and emptiness of nothing billions of years from now according to the scientists.

So whatever we do now and in the future is for nothing......at some point nothing will exist just like prior to the Big Bang.

It’s like knowing the date of your own death....there’s some things you’re better off not knowing.

Wonder if we can beat Huddersfield before the universe ends?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My points really is Kets......the universe itself is due to become and emptiness of nothing billions of years from now according to the scientists.

So whatever we do now and in the future is for nothing......at some point nothing will exist just like prior to the Big Bang.

It’s like knowing the date of your own death....there’s some things you’re better off not knowing.

Wonder if we can beat Huddersfield before the universe ends?
    The way they're playing and if we don't beat them it might as well end!

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Cogito, ergo sum (René Descartes).
    Descartes only thought he was real, he was programmed to say that. lol

The next habitable galaxy is 4 light years away.

One light year is a distance of 6 trillion miles so that makes the next galaxy 24 trillion miles away.

Even if we could travel at the speed of light it would take us 137 years travelling non stop at the speed of light to travel it.

FFS.....it takes me 45 minutes from Chaddesley Corbett to The Hawthorns!

Everything is pointless.

If we travelled at the speed of light it would take us one hundred thousand years to cross our own galaxy. There are enough stars in our galaxy to fill a swimming pool if they were grains of salt, and enough stars in the universe to fill every beach on earth if they were grains of sand. Some people think they are important, i find that laughable. We are just bits of bacteria on a rock in the middle of nowhere.

the universe itself is due to become and emptiness of nothing billions of years from now according to the scientists.
    Science is good but take all knowledge with a pinch of salt..Einstein put his theory of relativity together on the back of a false premiss...he thought the Universe was static until Edwin Hubble proved that it was expanding....He was wrong about the Quantum world...which is the greatest theory ever uncovered by man. He died before the evidence confirmed he was wrong.
    And I always remember reading about the Wright brothers just before they flew...the science community all but tore them to threads saying it was impossible.......have a read of this article...
    One reason why nearly everyone in the United States was disinclined to swallow the reports about flying with a machine heavier than air was that important scientists had already explained in the public prints why the thing was impossible. When a man of the profound scientific wisdom of Simon Newcomb, for example, had demonstrated with unassailable logic why man couldn't fly, why should the public be fooled by silly stories about two obscure bicycle repairmen who hadn't even been to college? In an article in the Independent—October 22, 1903, less than two months before the Wrights flew—Professor Newcomb not only proved that trying to fly was nonsense, but went farther and showed that even if a man did fly, he wouldn't dare to stop. "Once he slackens his speed, down he begins to fall…Once he stops, he falls a dead mass. How shall he reach the ground without destroying his delicate machinery? I do not think that even the most imaginative inventor has yet even put on paper a demonstrative, successful way of meeting this difficulty."

Though these pooh-poohing articles by Newcomb and other scientists were probably read by relatively few people, they were seen by editors, editorial writers, and others, and thus indirectly had much influence on public opinion. Naturally no editor who knew a thing couldn't be done would permit his paper to record the fact that it had been done.

When you enter the Physics world...be careful who you get your information from......
    Some of these very same people today were saying years ago there were no planets around other suns and that we were alone...what preposterous arrogance. There are no certainty in science only probabilities.....There is a lot pseudoscience out there Mick...

I am everything. Once I am gone there is nothing. No one else matters.
    Anyway must go. Time for my porridge.

Porridge is the Devil's spunk...... just saying .

"Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious . . . In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another."

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)