+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What is Jrod's role?

What is Jrod's role?

OK.

He comes on as sub for Wood --every time--.

He hardly gets a touch of the ball when on because there doesn't seem to be a pre-game plan for when he comes on.

I doubt he knows what space to run into and and who is likely to give him the ball.

There simply isn't any change in tactics when he is on.

And he is a totally different player to Wood.

There has to be a better role for him than at present.

G-d knows we seem to be down to bare bones right now in the skill department and need to use our player's talents to the best of their ability.

I hope J-Rod is a different player to Wood, he is atrocious at the moment. Incredibly hard to watch. A starting XI role is needed NOW for Jay, then I think we would see a more proactive attack mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    I A starting XI role is needed NOW for Jay, then I think we would see a more proactive attack mode.
    agree here.....get him in proper - has to be an improvement on the Wood rot, but the fears remain.....have Burnley backed themselves into a corner, confined themselves captive with that dependence on those much vaunted fortress walls - as by deserting that urgent need to strengthen the areas of weakness with Capable reinforcement, them then become - the creators of their own undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

agree here.....get him in proper - has to be an improvement on the Wood rot, but the fears remain.....have Burnley backed themselves into a corner, confined themselves captive with that dependence on those much vaunted fortress walls - as by deserting that urgent need to strengthen the areas of weakness with Capable reinforcement, them then become - the creators of their own undoing.

I'd have thought Norder that Jrod's better leg speed over Wood would better reinforce our defensive capabilities rather than detract from them?

Other than Woods better defending qualities at corners and near-goal set pieces (which is probably the point of your comment?).

I'm better than Wood.

Start Jay Rod alongside Barnes - NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    I'd have thought Norder that Jrod's better leg speed over Wood would better reinforce our defensive capabilities rather than detract from them?
    Other than Woods better defending qualities at corners and near-goal set pieces (which is probably the point of your comment?).
    was simply a response in agreement with Claretoz's preference to bench Wood for JRod - Heeler......but seemingly the continuation of the comment - which was concerned with Burnley as a whole (recruitment etc)....was somehow not a crystaline as i'd imagined. My apologies.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)