+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What if? McInnes is ousted...

How much would WBA be paying? I'd take Slaven Bilic for no other reason than I think he would be a good fit. Of course admittedly I don't know much about football. I said Forrester would be some player for us after watching him in a pre-season friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Maybe if Cormack takes charge we'll introduce some wacky American idea whereby the fans get to pick the team each week. It would probably work better than letting McInnes pick it - everyone can see the glaring mistakes he's making apart from himself.
    What were the glaring mistakes with yesterday's starting lineup ?......which was just the same team that did ok in the previous game.

The new coach has to come from Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    For a start

Someone who doesn't give a f@ck who celtic are and has the ability to get his players in the right frame of mind to play them

Someone who believes we are the best team n the league and installs that mindset into the players.

Someone who will not be so one dimensional when making signings. I.e look abroad.

Someone who will play exciting football.

That person will not be found in Scotland. So aye, abroad it has to be

Theres more but if someone ticks those four boxes we are on to something

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I can't think of any possible replacements, there isn't any manager in Scotland I would want us to poach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    For a start

Someone who doesn't give a f@ck who celtic are and has the ability to get his players in the right frame of mind to play them

Someone who believes we are the best team n the league and installs that mindset into the players.

Someone who will not be so one dimensional when making signings. I.e look abroad.

Someone who will play exciting football.

That person will not be found in Scotland. So aye, abroad it has to be

Theres more but if someone ticks those four boxes we are on to something
    There was some that thought Heckingbottam came with that mindset.
    Has a go against Celtic, 6 shots to 8 in his first game against them, managed a draw in his second game with pretty much 50/50 possession.
    He even plays 4-4-2 at times
    Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Has a go against Celtic, 6 shots to 8 in his first game against them, managed a draw in his second game with pretty much 50/50 possession.
    Just saying.
    Never heard of him but doesn't sound very European so he can feck off.

What sort of football do Arbroath play?

Does Dick Campbell like to play with 2 strikers?

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    What were the glaring mistakes with yesterday's starting lineup ?......which was just the same team that did ok in the previous game.
    Most on this forum would probably agree that playing 3 similar styled central midfielders doesn’t work very well.

Most would also agree that we are lacking creativity and cutting edge so we need to play 2 up front or at least a creative, more attack minded player in a no10 role - such as Wilson perhaps.

Most would agree we seem to have very little width to our play despite having 2 “wingers” in the lineup.

Most would agree that bashing long, high balls up in the hope Cosgrove can get somewhere near them doesn’t work 99% of the time.

Most agree that the distribution from the back is hopeless.

These are just a few glaringly obvious problems with the team this season which McInnes hasn’t addressed and probably isn’t going to address by the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Just saying.

As I said the candidate is not in Scotland

Last time I looked Hibs are from Edinburgh and I'm sure that's the capital of Scotland
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 15-09-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    As I said the candidate is not in Scotland

Last time I looked Hibs are from Edinburgh and I'm sure that's the capital of Scotland
    Yeah, he wasn’t in Scotland when Hibs took him on so is a real life example.
    As I said, he also plays 4-4-2 or sometimes 4-4-1, so not always 4-2-3-1.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast