+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What if? McInnes is ousted...

There will be plenty of managers putting their names forward for the gig when McInnes gets hounded out. Let’s see who.
    MCINNES MCINNES GET TO F’UCK
    MCINNES GET TO F’UCK

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Twice
    He's not a European though.

Nae eese. We need a European.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    For a start

Someone who doesn't give a f@ck who celtic are and has the ability to get his players in the right frame of mind to play them

Someone who believes we are the best team n the league and installs that mindset into the players.

Someone who will not be so one dimensional when making signings. I.e look abroad.

Someone who will play exciting football.

That person will not be found in Scotland. So aye, abroad it has to be

Theres more but if someone ticks those four boxes we are on to something

Dont expect Milne to look for a European manager if McInnes goes it will be someone like Derek Adams or worse!

Quote Originally Posted by EintrachtFrankfurt View Post
    Dont expect Milne to look for a European manager if McInnes goes it will be someone like Derek Adams or worse!
    Totally agree.
    Milne will look at;

Derek Adams
    Stephen Robinson
    Etc etc
    No imagination, or ambition whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Totally agree.
    Milne will look at;

Derek Adams
    Stephen Robinson
    Etc etc
    No imagination, or ambition whatsoever.
    Nah, he’ll look internally to Sheerin / Robson.

What if? McInnes was ousted....

Name:  10907DC8-397F-4FD7-8BAD-752CAC5F4F70.jpeg
Views: 599
Size:  27.0 KB

The players would be able to move around the pitch more freely

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Nah, he’ll look internally to Sheerin / Robson.
    I think you may be right, if there are no particularly obvious candidates available at the time. I think I'm also right in saying that those guys have turned down jobs elsewhere to continue managing our youth teams, so I assume they must feel they've got a chance of succeeding McInnes and Doc at some point. All depends on timing - you could have guys like Jack Ross and Steve Clarke out of a job again by that time. But yeah you'd imagine Milne would be looking at the kind of names mentioned, Steven Robinson, Tommy Wright, and various other uninspiring individuals.

As has been mentioned, whether someone else would do better or worse than McInnes is a complete unknown, but I think most of us are getting to the point where we're bored and losing interest, and therefore willing to take the chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think you may be right, if there are no particularly obvious candidates available at the time. I think I'm also right in saying that those guys have turned down jobs elsewhere to continue managing our youth teams, so I assume they must feel they've got a chance of succeeding McInnes and Doc at some point. All depends on timing - you could have guys like Jack Ross and Steve Clarke out of a job again by that time. But yeah you'd imagine Milne would be looking at the kind of names mentioned, Steven Robinson, Tommy Wright, and various other uninspiring individuals.

As has been mentioned, whether someone else would do better or worse than McInnes is a complete unknown, but I think most of us are getting to the point where we're bored and losing interest, and therefore willing to take the chance!
    I truly believe they have succession planning in place and that will be our current plan when McInness / Docherty move / are moved on.
    Of course it will depend on timing and if other managers are available, they may be considered, but I hugely doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

What jobs did they turn down though? I think Sheering interviewed for ICT but I don't know if he was offered the job.

They will be getting paid more in their current role than they would elsewhere in Scotland.

If McInnes were to take up a decent job down south then those two would be joining him. That's already been mentioned by a poster who is usually on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If McInnes were to take up a decent job down south then those two would be joining him.
    Entirely possible, but what decent job down south is McInnes likely to get?

Since this is a hypothetical thread, If he were to leave the club without another role lined up, who would the club go for?
    As mentioned before, timing will be an impact, but if there are no outstanding candidates, knocking at the door when the opportunity arises, it will likely be Sheerin / Robson (IMO)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast