+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if? McInnes is ousted...

What if? McInnes is ousted...

Possible replacements...

Time for Dick Campbell to step up into either a short term position or supporting a younger manager

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Possible replacements...

Time for Dick Campbell to step up into either a short term position or supporting a younger manager
    Ian Campbell?

They are twins but Dick was born first.

What is Mark McGhee upto these days?

Not wanting him as manager...just wondered if anyone has employed him

Moot point.
    The Masonic @rsehole gave McInnes a totally undeserved 3 year contract.
    McInnes is going nowhere.

To play along, there are no obvious available candidates I can think of.
    No doubt in the weeks, or next couple of months, there may be.

And Dick Campbell is obviously a p1ss take.

Alas, McInnes is here for a while yet.
    He won’t walk.
    Milne loves him & wont sack him.
    No-one else wants him.

More tedium and yet more excuses from Comical Ali aka AFC1903mad to come yet.

I think change is needed but I'm not necessarily sure binning McInnes and hoping for the best is the way to go.

My first move would be to bring in a director of football to oversee a wholesale reform of the way things are run.
    I know the job title is hated by many but I mean someone to oversee everything.

Their first job would be to overhaul scouting and recruitment.

I've no idea how much input/say McInnes has in that area, but we seem to be p1sh at it.

If McInnes is currently in charge of that then it needs taken off him.

Next, if McInnes is to be kept on, then he needs to be given defined performance targets (not just in terms of wins/losses/trophies but the whole ambit of management).
    If he doesn't cut the mustard then move him on.

I think, while McInnes has to take overall responsibility for the last three years' regression, the main cause of that has been God-awful recruitment.

Has that been down to him?

If "yes" then it's time to go, if "no" then we need to bin who has been behind it.

Main and Wilson are headscrathers of signings, Gallagher is a punt on future development.......but he's a loan.
    Ojo and Bryson may come good, jury very much out.
    I like what I've seen of Hedges so far ( not that much) but he has a bit still to do.

I think the club is too busy looking at the Westhill white elephants and has taken its eye off core operations.

That needs to change.

Once the debt was cleared by the Donald’s Stewart Milne should have done the honourable thing and stepped down.

If Milne wasn’t the chairman I doubt McInnes would still be here.

Instead they are both here for the long haul,unleast until we have moved out to the country dome.

It will be interesting to see how many people will bother to go all the way out there if we are playing as pish as we are just now.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Once the debt was cleared by the Donald’s Stewart Milne should have done the honourable thing and stepped down.

If Milne wasn’t the chairman I doubt McInnes would still be here.

Instead they are both here for the long haul,unleast until we have moved out to the country dome.

It will be interesting to see how many people will bother to go all the way out there if we are playing as pish as we are just now.
    My prediction is this:

We’ll limp along scraping in to the top 4, qualifying for the usual exit at QR2 or 3.
    We’ll get to Hamdump every now & again (we’ll win f**k all)
    Milne & McInnes will be here until we’re out in to the new stadium.

When we do become Westhill Wanderers, Milne will stand down, Cormack will take over & only then is there a chance we’ll see change.

That’s my take on it, unless there’s a catastrophic drop in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think change is needed but I'm not necessarily sure binning McInnes and hoping for the best is the way to go.

My first move would be to bring in a director of football to oversee a wholesale reform of the way things are run.
    I know the job title is hated by many but I mean someone to oversee everything.

Their first job would be to overhaul scouting and recruitment.

I've no idea how much input/say McInnes has in that area, but we seem to be p1sh at it.

If McInnes is currently in charge of that then it needs taken off him.

Next, if McInnes is to be kept on, then he needs to be given defined performance targets (not just in terms of wins/losses/trophies but the whole ambit of management).
    If he doesn't cut the mustard then move him on.

I think, while McInnes has to take overall responsibility for the last three years' regression, the main cause of that has been God-awful recruitment.

Has that been down to him?

If "yes" then it's time to go, if "no" then we need to bin who has been behind it.

Main and Wilson are headscrathers of signings, Gallagher is a punt on future development.......but he's a loan.
    Ojo and Bryson may come good, jury very much out.
    I like what I've seen of Hedges so far ( not that much) but he has a bit still to do.

I think the club is too busy looking at the Westhill white elephants and has taken its eye off core operations.

That needs to change.
    Yip, that’s a fair summation.

I would say this though.

We have a trip to Tynecastle in the League Cup on the 24th, then a trip to play the scum in the garden of b@stards 3 or 4 days later.
    A defeat in the cup followed by a horsing at Iprix will raise the decibels of discontent hugely.
    Even the ruggies in the main stand, the “sit doon min” gimps, might actually murmur words of criticism.

As pish as Hearts are, our atrocious record there coupled with us having a sh1tebag manager, I think we’ll get put out.

Maybe if Cormack takes charge we'll introduce some wacky American idea whereby the fans get to pick the team each week. It would probably work better than letting McInnes pick it - everyone can see the glaring mistakes he's making apart from himself.

I can't think of any possible replacements, there isn't any manager in Scotland I would want us to poach.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast