+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: James Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He didn’t yesterday,Kamberi was the only striker in the starting 11.
    Yes, he seems to switch from 4-2-3-1, to 4-4-2 and also 4-4-1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    To not play him, and when we do, give him 10 minutes, as a winger, is managerial incompetence.
    Nail on the head.
    I would go a far as to say Wilson is quite possibly one of the most skillful players we have at pittodrie, and to do that to the lad is a fkn disgrace from our illustrious leader and co.
    He will be likely be loaned out in january, just why the fk did we sign him?

oH dErEK MCwInLeSS

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    and to do that to the lad is a fkn disgrace from our illustrious leader and co.
    I agree with you and I would like to see him get a lot more game time but he's a big boy and he's been here for long enough to know what he was signing up for. He seemed happy enough to sign so I wouldn't exactly say I feel sorry for him.

For what it's worth I do think he will feature a lot more as the season goes on. I even think that'll be with big sam to.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    For what it's worth I do think he will feature a lot more as the season goes on. I even think that'll be with big sam to.
    Is that because everyone else will be injured?

Wilson comes across as quite a quiet, shy, down to earth lad in interviews - he's quite likely short of confidence (despite the fact he played for one of the biggest clubs in the world, was very highly rated and was on a bumper contract with them) - the guy seems to realise there's more to life than money and seems to like it up at Pittodrie. Everyone you hear speaking about him says he's doing great things in training, so it doesn't seem that there's anything wrong with his attitude or application. I just think he doesn't fit into McInnes preferred formation and style - which is why it baffles me that we bothered signing him. I hope the current injuries force McInnes to go 2 up front and to give Wilson a chance alongside Cosgrove, rather than sticking him out wide for the last 5 minutes of games.

Are there many managers these days that play 4-4-2?

I don’t agree with it but most teams play with 1 striker up front.

That’s why modern football is pish to watch,everyone is scared to get beat.
    I can never get why, if we are so hard to beat, why are we haemorrhaging daft goals. If we are going to be set up to be hard to beat, then let’s fu(kin be hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    I can never get why, if we are so hard to beat, why are we haemorrhaging daft goals. If we are going to be set up to be hard to beat, then let’s fu(kin be hard to beat.
    That’s why he sets up the team so negatively.

Could you imagine how many goals we would concede if we were more attacking.

He’s never really addressed the defensive problems by going out and buying better defenders,instead he has stayed loyal to the likes of Logan and Considine by giving them new deals.

That’s actually something to really complain about but very rarely gets mentioned.

We definitely don’t have the defenders and sitting midfielders to see matches out. We generally concede daft goals because of our players incompetence of defending. We struggle in attack due mainly down to The Anchor Man and his tactics. He expects our sitting midfielders to produce sublime passes to ask the question of opposing defenders. Considine, Devlin, McKenna and Taylor will end up hitting it long as they don’t particularly trust the players just in front of them. Big Sam has the most thankless task in our team chasing and controlling hoofs into the last third of the pitch.
    We could have no actual defenders and sitting midfielders fit and McInnes would still set up 4-2-3-1 as he cannot adapt but he expects the players on the pitch to adapt to his negativity. No wonder we are not a good watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We definitely don’t have the defenders and sitting midfielders to see matches out. We generally concede daft goals because of our players incompetence of defending. We struggle in attack due mainly down to The Anchor Man and his tactics. He expects our sitting midfielders to produce sublime passes to ask the question of opposing defenders. Considine, Devlin, McKenna and Taylor will end up hitting it long as they don’t particularly trust the players just in front of them. Big Sam has the most thankless task in our team chasing and controlling hoofs into the last third of the pitch.
    We could have no actual defenders and sitting midfielders fit and McInnes would still set up 4-2-3-1 as he cannot adapt but he expects the players on the pitch to adapt to his negativity. No wonder we are not a good watch.
    Yup, I think this is the problem - if we played a more attacking formation, style and lineup I think we'd actually lose less goals. Best form of defence is attack and all that. The system we play, despite the fact that usually 7 or 8 of the starting 11 are defensively minded players, seems totally ineffective in both preventing goals and scoring goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yup, I think this is the problem - if we played a more attacking formation, style and lineup I think we'd actually lose less goals. Best form of defence is attack and all that. The system we play, despite the fact that usually 7 or 8 of the starting 11 are defensively minded players, seems totally ineffective in both preventing goals and scoring goals.
    If you look back to the Rejika game at home the team were attack minded at the start.

One pish ball from McGinn led to them hitting us on the break and they ripped our defence to shreds.

Guys like Considine and Logan need protected,McInnes has had plenty of time to bring in better defenders than them but hasn’t because they fall into one of his favourites category.

To me that is one of McInnes biggest faults.

If you look back to the Rejika game at home the team were attack minded at the start.

One pish ball from McGinn led to them hitting us on the break and they ripped our defence to shreds.

Guys like Considine and Logan need protected,McInnes has had plenty of time to bring in better defenders than them but hasn’t because they fall into one of his favourites category.

To me that is one of McInnes biggest faults.
    True enough. We're just crap all over the park to be fair. Logan has become very complacent in recent seasons - I don't know why we've not made it a priority to replace him. Considine has probably been our most consistent defender this season which is a worry in itself, but he should really be a squad player at best as he is error prone. The defenders he has brought in who may have improved the backline were injury prone and therefore haven't made a difference - Devlin and Hoban for example.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast