+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: James Wilson

James Wilson

He really is turning into one of strangest signings that our illustrious leader has ever made (i'm not mean sh1te signings) there has been fkn loads of them but just down right wierd and the question needs to be asked why did we even bother signing him? and why did Wilson even bother coming?
    Its pretty clear that the lad has got more footballing skill in his left big toe than the majority of our whole first team ffs.

But yet after 12 competitive games this season he has start only 2 and was subbed in both.
    Got 3 fkn minutes against St Mirren.
    Got 9 fkn minutes against Saint Johnstone
    a grand total of 31 fkn minutes in our euro "campaign" and 55 minutes against Dundee in the up (30 of which was created by the need for Extra Time) so technically 25.

This season we have played 1080 minutes of football in normal time and Wilson has played 205 (plus 30 extra time)
    I just can't figure it all out, why have we signed the lad

To not play him, and when we do, give him 10 minutes, as a winger, is managerial incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    To not play him, and when we do, give him 10 minutes, as a winger, is managerial incompetence.
    McInnes doesn’t really want to take Cosgrove off so Wilson will have to play more as a midfielder to get into the team. It won’t be long before he is turned into a sitting midfielder so McInnes can turn him into the complete player.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes doesn’t really want to take Cosgrove off so Wilson will have to play more as a midfielder to get into the team. It won’t be long before he is turned into a sitting midfielder so McInnes can turn him into the complete player.
    How about being really radical and playing Wilson through the middle off Cosgrove?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    How about being really radical and playing Wilson through the middle off Cosgrove?
    I feel sorry for Wilson - getting on for the final few minutes of games, and being played out of position, is not much more than an insult. If we were in free-scoring form, creating loads of chances, banging them in and winning games, I could understand McInnes not changing the lineup or formation. But we're not. The 3 central midfielders thing isn't working. Cosgrove is in the team on merit due to his goals (and his general play has improved), so I'm not calling for him to be dropped to make way for Wilson. Just put Wilson in alongside him please and play a 442. I can pretty much guarantee it will be more effective and more enjoyable to watch than the rubbish we're currently being served up.

Will it happen? No. We've got a midfield injury crisis, and what will likely happen is someone like Vyner will play in a defensive midfield role instead, or Curtis Main will be deployed in the 10 role just to run around a lot as Stevie May did for the previous 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    When you consistently play a 4-2-3-1 (especially the way we play it) you don’t have the scope for 2 up top. McInnes sets out his teams first to make them hard to beat. His focus isn’t on scoring goals and making us more entertaining. He wasn’t an entertainer himself so he will always be dull as he hasn’t been taught entertaining football through his SFA coaching badges.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    When you consistently play a 4-2-3-1 (especially the way we play it) you don’t have the scope for 2 up top. McInnes sets out his teams first to make them hard to beat. His focus isn’t on scoring goals and making us more entertaining. He wasn’t an entertainer himself so he will always be dull as he hasn’t been taught entertaining football through his SFA coaching badges.
    If he does persist in 4231 (which presumably he will) then play Wilson as the "10" with Fergusson and either Bryson, Ojo or Campbell as the "2". Then play Hedges and either McGinn or McLennan wide. Simples!!

Are there many managers these days that play 4-4-2?

I don’t agree with it but most teams play with 1 striker up front.

That’s why modern football is pish to watch,everyone is scared to get beat.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Are there many managers these days that play 4-4-2?

I don’t agree with it but most teams play with 1 striker up front.

That’s why modern football is pish to watch,everyone is scared to get beat.
    Just mentioned on another thread that Paul Heckingbottom has played 4-4-2 a number of times for Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Just mentioned on another thread that Paul Heckingbottom has played 4-4-2 a number of times for Hibs
    He didn’t yesterday,Kamberi was the only striker in the starting 11.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast