+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: James Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If you look back to the Rejika game at home the team were attack minded at the start.

One pish ball from McGinn led to them hitting us on the break and they ripped our defence to shreds.

Guys like Considine and Logan need protected,McInnes has had plenty of time to bring in better defenders than them but hasn’t because they fall into one of his favourites category.

To me that is one of McInnes biggest faults.
    Yes we were attack minded and started on the front foot against Rejika - but the way we pushed up for that corner and the number of players we had in the box was completely naive & really basic schoolboy stuff.

It was ridiculous to over commit like that so early - especially against a decent team who I bet could not believe their luck at how easy we made it for them to break.

You get away with that in Scotland - we got away with the very same thing against St Mirren who f'ucked up an equally good break from another Dons corner in the game in Paisley - but not in Europe against decent teams.

To be fair to DM, the players have to take a lot of the responsibility for that. They are feckin professionals so should know how to set up at a corner to ensure they wont get caught easily on the break - not our lot though.

I think you're spot on with the point about our defence needing protected, thats been sadly lacking too often. Saturday being another classic example with the way Holt was allowed to run free in the midfield constantly & get forward supporting the attack with nobody tracking or blocking his runs.

Our players are naive, very naive - the coach should be doing something about it though...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 17-09-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    - the coach should be doing something about it though...
    Your right moog, but from what I see I don't think he is capable of doing anything about it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123