+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I look like a Leeds fan ?

Like me he has the ability to bypass policemen/women by taking no notice of them I suspect. He kept out of my way on the train possibly because he thought I might harangue him. I think we were actually allowed in the interchange but what the police could not cope with was the fact that fans of both teams needed to travel in each direction. I think they were making Barnsley fans going north head down to one end of the platform opposite me. I just kept mi gob shut amongst all the cockney Leeds fans ( what is that all about? A legacy from the 70s? )

Quote Originally Posted by linzbfc View Post
    Like me he has the ability to bypass policemen/women by taking no notice of them I suspect. He kept out of my way on the train possibly because he thought I might harangue him. I think we were actually allowed in the interchange but what the police could not cope with was the fact that fans of both teams needed to travel in each direction. I think they were making Barnsley fans going north head down to one end of the platform opposite me. I just kept mi gob shut amongst all the cockney Leeds fans ( what is that all about? A legacy from the 70s? )
    That's all o'reyt Linz but all am pointing art is Hoss's hypocrisy--

1 Follow the clubs arrangements for fans leaving the ground burrit dun't apply to me.

2 Stay and enjoy the matchday experience after the game burrit dun't apply to me.

He is a pillaker of the first order.

I understand what you mean. Perhaps he needs to shadow some actual fans to see what we really need. Should I see him at the station after the Brentford game I will tell him what I have learnt.

He won’t give a T’Hoss

Might I enquire as to who is who and why with all these nicknames please.

Might I enquire as to who is who and why with all these nicknames please.
    Hoss is Conway because of his physical resemblance to, and accent of, Dan Blocker --Hoss Cartwright in Bonanza=- maybe before your time.

Dog is Chien Lee because "chien " is French for dog and some Google translations (when looking for his previous OGC Nice antics) from French to English come up with "Dog Lee"

Spud is a reference to Dane "Spud" Murphy--Where is he by the way ? Does he exist or is he just a software program ?

Goat is a shortened version of Gautiere Ganye, ex CEO

Av forgotten how Bidet Barry gorriz nickname, Mr Barry Taylor, ex Board member, sometimes called Biscuit Barry for his role in providing tea and biscuits in the boardroom.

Bullsh1t Ben wo ex CEO Ben Mansford --self explanatory
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-09-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Thank you. That is all as clear as mud.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Hoss is Conway because of his physical resemblance to, and accent of, Dan Blocker --Hoss Cartwright in Bonanza=- maybe before your time.

Dog is Chien Lee because "chien " is French for dog and some Google translations (when looking for his previous OGC Nice antics) from French to English come up with "Dog Lee"

Spud is a reference to Dane "Spud" Murphy--Where is he by the way ? Does he exist or is he just a software program ?

Goat is a shortened version of Gautiere Ganye, ex CEO

Av forgotten how Bidet Barry gorriz nickname, Mr Barry Taylor, ex Board member, sometimes called Biscuit Barry for his role in providing tea and biscuits in the boardroom.

Bullsh1t Ben wo ex CEO Ben Mansford --self explanatory
    And you're how old ?

Thank you. That is all as clear as mud.
    Which one(s) is/ are difficult to grasp Linz ? You asked. I spent a little time responding.

It's all just a little leg pulling with no malice towards those to whom it is directed. Some posters join in, others not. So be it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Which one(s) is/ are difficult to grasp Linz ? You asked. I spent a little time responding.

It's all just a little leg pulling with no malice towards those to whom it is directed. Some posters join in, others not. So be it.
    Perhaps she thinks it's a bit immature and childish, or just tedious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast