+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never mind Losing Ajayi

He has been quite good so far, but he was last time we played at League 1 level too

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I agree he has improved but Ajayi is twice the player he is.

He is a good defender but Ajayi can actually pass the ball.....not to mention his goals.
    Did you see Icky's flick on for Carlton Morris's 1st goal?

Icky is fast becoming a solid dependable and reliable player and yes we need to have him sign a new contract soon. You can though be rest assured, that his agent will be currently banding his name about to those clubs in higher leagues. Get him signed up soon Warne.

The one for me though to anchor down now by offering another new contract to him, is Ben Wiles. This lad will go a long way and may one day make the Prem, I kid you not. This lad has an immense locker room of talent and by all accounts, he does things in training that leaves the rest astounded at his skills.

He's so young but one we have to keep for at least a few years, who knows we could build a team around him. Imagine what he might be worth then!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Icky is fast becoming a solid dependable and reliable player and yes we need to have him sign a new contract soon. You can though be rest assured, that his agent will be currently banding his name about to those clubs in higher leagues. Get him signed up soon Warne.

The one for me though to anchor down now by offering another new contract to him, is Ben Wiles. This lad will go a long way and may one day make the Prem, I kid you not. This lad has an immense locker room of talent and by all accounts, he does things in training that leaves the rest astounded at his skills.

He's so young but one we have to keep for at least a few years, who knows we could build a team around him. Imagine what he might be worth then!
    I don't disagree with this at all Brin but people have been saying for years that the only way for our club to survive and grow is to find talent, develop it and sell it. I think that's what will happen with Ben Wiles, sooner rather than later if he continues his current rate of improvement. Bigger clubs will come sniffing round and one will make an offer that our board will feel they can't refuse. It's frustrating but inevitable.
    .......and then there's Icky and Olusunde......

Ben Wiles signed a three and a half years contract back in January 2019.
    Contracted till June 2022, I don’t see how we can go beyond that just yet.

Certainly one to watch for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I agree he has improved but Ajayi is twice the player he is.

He is a good defender but Ajayi can actually pass the ball.....not to mention his goals.
    Ajayi made one or two serious errors in virtually every match.
    Some of his passing was wayward and had the habit of seriously over hitting passes.
    Great player though but not perfect

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Ben Wiles signed a three and a half years contract back in January 2019.
    Contracted till June 2022, I don’t see how we can go beyond that just yet.

Certainly one to watch for the future.
    Didn't realise it was for this long, last I recalled was a 1 year extension. Ah well that's good then, he should command a fairly hefty fee if we grow some and demand more like others do.

I feel Warnock looked after us with Will's fee as it reflected how WBA didn't with Semi's. Wonder what Semi is worth now?.....5 or 6 million?

Didn't realise it was for this long, last I recalled was a 1 year extension. Ah well that's good then, he should command a fairly hefty fee if we grow some and demand more like others do.

I feel Warnock looked after us with Will's fee as it reflected how WBA didn't with Semi's. Wonder what Semi is worth now?.....5 or 6 million?
    Didn't NW help out in us getting him so cheap in the first place? Independent of what Semi did/who he joined his worth was always going to double/treble once he signed a new contract which obviously wasn't going to be with us.

I’m not a fan of icky to be honest he’s too unreliable for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12