+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never mind Losing Ajayi

Never mind Losing Ajayi

Although Ajayi was a decent footballer we have unearthed a gem in Michael Ihiekwe - won everything in the air last week and doesn't panic on the ball wanting to play football as opposed to hoof ball.Gifted with pace is also a great asset for any player and I predict he will go further than Ajayi .

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Although Ajayi was a decent footballer we have unearthed a gem in Michael Ihiekwe - won everything in the air last week and doesn't panic on the ball wanting to play football as opposed to hoof ball.Gifted with pace is also a great asset for any player and I predict he will go further than Ajayi .
    Agree Bogs. He is better in the air and stronger with fewer bloopers in him. Thats why we need him to sign on the dotted line sharpish. Ajayi has the ability to play in midfield which he hasnt shown yet but Iekwe is a better defender.

I hope that isn't the "commentators curse"

I agree he's improved a lot.

I agree he has improved but Ajayi is twice the player he is.

He is a good defender but Ajayi can actually pass the ball.....not to mention his goals.

You've only just noticed??

He was a boss in defence last time we were in L1, organising, leading, and as you say gifted with pace and a pass. Last season he made a difference in defence when he came back from his loan at Accrington and he's at it again this season. Quality player, one we need to keep hold of.

Now you know why I was moaning when we sent him out on loan when he should have been in side.

He still makes mistakes though like he did on Saturday for their goal but one of first on team sheet for me

The club feel the same way, which is why they’ve offered him a new deal.
    Much improved and yes sometimes prone to human error. Him and Robertson work well together.

Great partnership with Robertson.

Good to see that burst forward on Saturday as well.

I said in the summer he has the potential to be our next big money transfer and quite a few scoffed.
    I would imagine Wiles will be the other one

He was responsible for their goal. Warne and Barker both had a go at him.

He did play better after that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast