+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orient away

Orient away

So, with Paul Green missing who gets his place for tomorrow? Should it be Ainley, Jones or Finney, who didn't cover themselves in glory v Burton or maybe move Pixie in there with Adebisi in at left back? Will Dave give Porter a rest and start Chuma?

Agree with that. If not, then give Jonah another go. He needs the confidence and we need to raise his marketability. Would also give Hunt a go instead of Lancashire.

Going by OS sounds like Dale is going to get a start.

Well I hope that we give a better performance than we did in the 1st half on Saturday. Our team was unbalanced and poor. What puzzles me is why Porter and Powell are getting no support or service. So far this season both players are so poor, especially Powell. He really looks like he has lost his confidence. and does not look a happy player.

In all the home games I have seen they are so isolated we are virtually playing with nine men.

Well that was a crazy game. Watched on iFollow and worth the tenner in the end! A very scrappy affair but wow what a win from what was quite a poor performance. Delighted for Jonah he was pretty solid all game and took his goal with aplomb...hopefully things start to look up for him now. Wintle solid, thought Powell did well so unlucky not to score although difficult on the half volley from a long ball and he got the assist for Nolan's goal.

EDIT: Oh and hats off to Will J for a good pen save at 1-1, could have been a different story!

Quote Originally Posted by luke_358 View Post
    Well that was a crazy game. Watched on iFollow and worth the tenner in the end! A very scrappy affair but wow what a win from what was quite a poor performance. Delighted for Jonah he was pretty solid all game and took his goal with aplomb...hopefully things start to look up for him now. Wintle solid, thought Powell did well so unlucky not to score although difficult on the half volley from a long ball and he got the assist for Nolan's goal.

EDIT: Oh and hats off to Will J for a good pen save at 1-1, could have been a different story!
    Agree with all that I hope Nolan and Hunt have now got a bad game out of their system

Jones is still a good player, I never like a midfield with him and Wintle in it though. They seem to do the same job.

A very creditable near 300 turnout last night, with I suspect a good number of the London set of Alex fans attending judging from the faces I didn't recognise. Hoping the lads can fashion another win at home to Salford on Saturday and just maybe the home fans will start returning.

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    Jones is still a good player, I never like a midfield with him and Wintle in it though. They seem to do the same job.
    Yeah they are quite similar although I feel Wintle offers more defensively and anticipates play better where Jones is better driving forward into the box and has a better finish on him...although Wintle is decent in that department too!

Having had a bit more time to digest...Will J had a good game, he is looking more assured and coming for more crosses and his distribution is improving. Pez solid, Nolan and Hunt ropey at times as has already been alluded to. Kirk anonymous, Pickering quiet. Porter worked his socks off and was very unlucky not to score after a very good save to push his effort onto the crossbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkeeper View Post
    A very creditable near 300 turnout last night, with I suspect a good number of the London set of Alex fans attending judging from the faces I didn't recognise. Hoping the lads can fashion another win at home to Salford on Saturday and just maybe the home fans will start returning.
    Might be a few more there what with all the attention they have been receiving. I hope we smash em. We're overdue to put 5 past somebody. Could have been 4 or 5 last night despite the performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast