+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shut up Luxembourg!

Shut up Luxembourg!

Nett taker of over £2 billion a year Luxembourg ( despite being one of the richest countries per capita in the world! ) talking down to the U.K. who are a nett contributor of around £8 billion!

Luxembourg’s PM is happy for demonstration s to take place seeing as they were British remainers chanting for him to “save them”.

FFS........talk about the pathetic leading the deluded!

Boris did the right thing refusing to be heckled.

Apparently we asked for the press conference to take place indoors and the Luxembourg PM refused to do so!

Another political Nomark!

Sheffield, Leeds and Newcastle have about the same population as this so called country. We should only talk to net contributors.

Ah happy days listening to Radio Luxembourg on my Crystal Set in my bedroom.

We should insist that we never give them a single vote in any future eurovision song contest.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Nett taker of over £2 billion a year Luxembourg ( despite being one of the richest countries per capita in the world! ) talking down to the U.K. who are a nett contributor of around £8 billion!

Luxembourg’s PM is happy for demonstration s to take place seeing as they were British remainers chanting for him to “save them”.

FFS........talk about the pathetic leading the deluded!

Boris did the right thing refusing to be heckled.

Apparently we asked for the press conference to take place indoors and the Luxembourg PM refused to do so!

Another political Nomark!
    say what you want about Boris Johnson he’s not stupid,he was set up for a fall by a nonentity PM of a nonentity country ,I know he can’t but me I would have smacked him in his smarmy gob.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    say what you want about Boris Johnson he’s not stupid,he was set up for a fall by a nonentity PM of a nonentity country ,I know he can’t but me I would have smacked him in his smarmy gob.
    One thing many of the Remainers who found this funny are missing is that this wasn't a calculated snub against Boris, it was a calculated snub against the UK and the PM of a sovereign country. I imagine this grandstanding fool and his tin pot nation probably think they've scored a few points when all they've done for many is add more reasons as to why we need to quit this lot come October.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    One thing many of the Remainers who found this funny are missing is that this wasn't a calculated snub against Boris, it was a calculated snub against the UK and the PM of a sovereign country. I imagine this grandstanding fool and his tin pot nation probably think they've scored a few points when all they've done for many is add more reasons as to why we need to quit this lot come October.
    I felt it was a calculated snub too, but while Xavier Bettel may have been grandstanding he's not a complete fool. I imagine it had more to do with currying EU favour regarding future tax haven status than pouting his chest out. I'd also imagine he's invested in some knee pads given the amount of head he'll be giving the Germans between now and the end of October if he wants his country to rise from number ten to nearer number one in the list of European tax havens. One thing's for sure, he couldn't give a toss about who he may or may not upset over here. Interesting times.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...tax-havens.asp

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)