+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi away roll call, match thread and sh1te

Going way off track here but La Mirage in Helmsdale do a great fish supper.

Back on track, we were p1sh yesterday but got the win.

[QUOTE=InversneckieDob;39329013][QUOTE=donsdaft;39329010]
    Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I have family in Gourdon (Gurdin to utilise the local vernacular) and I've heard it's currently good.

Talking of St Cyrus (St Ceerus.....) The Bush Hotel used to do a superb mince toastie in the 80s.
    Only ever went to the hotel twice in 10 years and certainly never had a mince toastie.

I was up the hill at Ecclesgreig so could easily avoid the delights of St. Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post

Never been but I've heard of folk who travel distances to go there.
    Good rep.

Just down the road a bit, The Trawler in Golspie used to be fine.

If you think I'm going all the way to Yorkshire for a chipper you're nuts.

For the record I'm getting Macaroni cheese tonight. Bit disappointing as all this chipper talk has made me hanker for a mock chop supper but I've been outvoted.

Were they booed off the park?

When I tick off Bunillidh Thistle ill check it oot

[QUOTE=Devanha Red;39329085]If you think I'm going all the way to Yorkshire for a chipper you're nuts.

For the record I'm getting Macaroni cheese tonight. Bit disappointing as all this chipper talk has made me hanker for a mock chop supper but I've been outvoted.
    [/QUOTE

Mine Dod's Chipper, Dev? Belter of a chipper, even though Dod was deed. Maybe he over indulged too much in his ain cookin'

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Never been but I've heard of folk who travel distances to go there.
    Good rep.

Just down the road a bit, The Trawler in Golspie used to be fine.
    Only ever had chips at the Trawler and they were ok but the Fish Supper at La Mirage is brilliant and could feed a family, i always add a pickled onion as well

Only ever had chips at the Trawler and they were ok but the Fish Supper at La Mirage is brilliant and could feed a family, i always add a pickled onion as well
    Good shout aboot that place in Helmsdale and the generous portions. Went there a couple o times when up on holiday in that area. If I mind right it felt mair like a hoose than a chipper.

Honourable mentions too for The Plaice to Be in Pitlochry and Hook , Line and Sinker in Portsoy.

I’m nae fussy and usually finish off anything fae a chipper , but the only exception to that in the last 15 years or so was Davy’s in Bucksburn. Absolutely rank it wis, but a long time ago so maybe it wis a one off and is usually better , or maybe different management now.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    I agree main had a thankless task today, but the way we played reminded me of my school football team.

The back four and two sitting midfielders at times were halfway into our half and the rest of our players were almost at livi's 18 yard line with a huge space in the middle. There was no pass for the sitting midfielders or defenders to make. They could only hoof the ball up the park and the more they did it the bigger the gap got! I think Main only won one header and couldn't control or hold the ball once.

That is not good enough for the squad we have. The fans could see that.
    Yep - that sums up the game & performance perfectly.

For some reason I watched the Alba late replay. As bad as I’ve seen. Absolute theft us winning that.

Main was completely isolated & got sh1t service, but by god he was poor. Totally incapable of controlling the ball, holding it up & bringing others into play which is what you need to do in that formation.

Cosgrove did ten times more of that in the short time he was on the park. Also won the flick on & went for the return that got the penalty. No way Mains doing that.

Wilson &Anderson must be suicidal watching Main get picked ahead of them.

Midfield, wide men non existent. As LED said the gap between defence and midfield / forwards was vast in the most part so the back 4 had no choice but to hit it long.

Folk were hiding out there - pure & simple.

It needs a complete reversal of attitude, desire & willingness to get on the ball & try & make things happen if we’re to get anything on Wednesday.

Sadly I can’t see it...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 22-09-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Having just watched the highlights of yesterday’s game I have to say first and foremost well done to Considine for scoring and keeping a clean sheet but him and Devlin aren’t exactly Miller and McLeish

As long as Considine is in the team we should count ourselves fortunate that we actually win a game,McInnes really is a fool if he thinks playing Considine every week is going to improve us.

Most consistent defender my @rse

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast