+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi away roll call, match thread and sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Fair enough that you think that pac,I totally respect your opinion that you think lower league football is entertaining.

But I think it’s pish,certainly the games I have seen.
    The following games are best games of football I have ever watched for entertainment value

Forfar West End 4 v 4 Tayport

Wick Academy 2 v 2 Brora Huns (best game of football I have ever watched)

Shotts Bon Accord 3 v 4 Blantyre Vics

Inverness Caley 2 v 2 Ross County (Caley on Pens)

All three were f@cking great watches. Attacking fitba, fights, old school tackling, red cards, no game management. All four were like throwbacks to days gone by away from modern fitba w@nkery. Games that didn't lose your attention as there was constant action with no lulls. There have been a lot more crackers but those mentioned were brilliant.

The premier on the whole is sh@te. That's where the supposed best players are but entertainment isn't about the best players though. Entertainment is about enjoying what is in front of you. Something that is rare at Pittodrie over the last couple of seasons

Scottish football is not sh@te. Not even close

Edit - Chippie is what guffs call it
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 22-09-2019 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The following games are best games of football I have ever watched for entertainment value

All three were f@cking great watches. Attacking fitba, fights, old school tackling, red cards, no game management. All four were like throwbacks to days gone by away from modern fitba w@nkery. Games that didn't lose your attention as there was constant action with no lulls. There have been a lot more crackers but those mentioned were brilliant.

The premier on the whole is sh@te. That's where the supposed best players are but entertainment isn't about the best players though. Entertainment is about enjoying what is in front of you. Something that is rare at Pittodrie over the last couple of seasons

Although I'm **** at the details I can also say some of the best fitba I have seen in the flesh have been highland league games. There's almost zero game management.

It's a breathe of fresh air after the tedious offerings recently fae the dons. I used to go to a local HL game when we were away but recently I've been HL more and more. Better atmosphere sometimes inna

My auld man doesn't even call it a chipper anymore so I'll not be dictated to since Aberdeen is a cultural void.

Chippie.

As in; Willie Miller the greatest ever Aberdonian who is actually a weegie from the weegiest part of weegieland, once owned a Chippie.

Utter garbage. I think in training our team must:
    Get Lewis to catch the ball, then let him hold onto it for 10 seconds blindfolded thereby missing the easy early outball. After the 10 seconds someone removes said blindfold and Lewis has to kick the ball as far as possible.
    Make Devlin play with a different coloured top on to everyone else. Thus making it easier for him to pass to the opposition on game day.
    Give McGinn sleeping tablets giving him the best practice for his actual performances.
    Tell Curtis Main he is a cocker spaniel and to chase crisp packets on a windy day.
    Not let James Wilson or Bruce Anderson train, giving them their game day feeling.

Oh, and it’s a chipper.
    And I did not stand up and applaud before the game. Nowt to do with my club.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

I agree.

It’s a chipper.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Tad harsh comparing us to Man City min

We have spent £125k on a player this season,that’s a weeks wages to most of their players.
    It's more a mentality I'm thinking of. McGinn on a few occasion was in a position to cross the ball into the box but chose to pass it back and before you know it Devlin has it does a hoof ball and gives possession away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    My auld man doesn't even call it a chipper anymore so I'll not be dictated to since Aberdeen is a cultural void.

Chippie.

As in; Willie Miller the greatest ever Aberdonian who is actually a weegie from the weegiest part of weegieland, once owned a Chippie.
    He's an honorary Aberdonian and he wouldn't have it any other way.

His chipper wasn't the best like. That accolade falls to the bluebird on Urquhart Road. Owned by the legendary Richard a Thai bloke who is also an honorary Aberdonian.

Top bloke Richard.
    I thought he was Chinese though.
    He goes home to see his Ma in Hong Kong.

Also don’t forget Mr Mo of the Torry Chipper

He and Mrs Mo are good customers of mine, when I asked him once when Chinese New Year was going to start, he said “ how would I know, I moved to Aberdeen in 1968) *

* I may have the actual year wrong

I'd hae to agree that some of the best games I've seen , for entertainment , have been highland league or lower league cup ties. The one that stands out was a Scottish cup tie ( circa 2006/7?) Deveronvale V Elgin. Vale were 4-0 up at half time but Elgin made a superb comeback in the 2nd half , Vale managed to get over the line with a full time score of 5-4.
    Cracking game of fitba on a winters afternoon and I went to the chipper for ma supper.....nae chippies in Bunff like, ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    He's an honorary Aberdonian and he wouldn't have it any other way.

His chipper wasn't the best like. That accolade falls to the bluebird on Urquhart Road. Owned by the legendary Richard a Thai bloke who is also an honorary Aberdonian.
    Newmachar Fish Bar beats all

handy for me for a stop on the way back from rand-a-ball on a Saturday too

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast