+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi away roll call, match thread and sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Fair play
    Thank you I did not know if you have noticed that

On the penalty - I didn't think it was a penalty - looked to me like the contact was outside the box and he fell inside it. It was about the first time in the game we actually got near the opposition penalty box apart from at corners. It feels like we've scored a fairly high percentage of our goals from penalties and set pieces this season - any of the statos got the figures handy? It also seems we must average less than 3 shots on target in a game (against SPL opposition).

On the Considine thing - I'd say that over the years Iv'e been on this board, he gets more stick than any other player. Bottom line for me is... he is not a great player, he has lots of limitations, he makes mistakes occasionally that cost us, I would much rather we had better options playing in his place. But, this season he has been one of our better players - so there's much bigger problems at this precise moment in time than Andy Considine. Looking at it from a long term perspective, yes he's a problem - if we have any ambition to improve we need to replace players of his standard - that's not his fault, it's the manager's fault. The fact that we've not replaced him with better options for years is a serious problem. But in this precise moment, we have bigger problems than Considine. The main one being our lack of ability to create chances or play proper football. On that note - watch the next game carefully and you'll see that Considine at least tries to play the ball out from the back on the ground far far far more often than Devlin does, who just seems to blooter it in whatever direction he's facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Rightly so. He's a local loon but more importantly a one club man. A very rare breed these days.
    He has certainly had luck on his side so far this season. In the last two games without even thinking too hard he has had a penalty aginst him inexplicably overturned and yesterday a passback that only didn't lead to a goal because of inept finishing. There is also the fact that he still manages to make it into the team likely only because of DM's love of a crock. Considine is a reliable workhorse that occasionally makes up for his lack of skill with his abundance of passion in playing for his favourite team. He used to be one of our worst players and now is one of the best which sadly shows where we are heading as a team as he has without a doubt not improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Rightly so. He's a local loon but more importantly a one club man. A very rare breed these days.

He’s only a one club man because no one else wants him.

If a big club came in for him he would be off like a shot.

I thought I had dumbed it down enough.
    Obviously not though.

I only defend if I think he deserves defending AFTER someone has attacked him / given him grief.
    BUS obviously thought the same the last night.
    There are times when he's criticized correctly and is not defended, ergo, he gets defended, less than the grief he gets.

Hope that's clear enough now
    So every other player that gets criticised deserves it and are never harshly criticised?

I have never seen you defending any other player apart from Considine. I have seen you trying to blame others for his errors though.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    On the penalty - I didn't think it was a penalty - looked to me like the contact was outside the box and he fell inside it. It was about the first time in the game we actually got near the opposition penalty box apart from at corners. It feels like we've scored a fairly high percentage of our goals from penalties and set pieces this season - any of the statos got the figures handy? It also seems we must average less than 3 shots on target in a game (against SPL opposition).

On the Considine thing - I'd say that over the years Iv'e been on this board, he gets more stick than any other player. Bottom line for me is... he is not a great player, he has lots of limitations, he makes mistakes occasionally that cost us, I would much rather we had better options playing in his place. But, this season he has been one of our better players - so there's much bigger problems at this precise moment in time than Andy Considine. Looking at it from a long term perspective, yes he's a problem - if we have any ambition to improve we need to replace players of his standard - that's not his fault, it's the manager's fault. The fact that we've not replaced him with better options for years is a serious problem. But in this precise moment, we have bigger problems than Considine. The main one being our lack of ability to create chances or play proper football. On that note - watch the next game carefully and you'll see that Considine at least tries to play the ball out from the back on the ground far far far more often than Devlin does, who just seems to blooter it in whatever direction he's facing.
    Good Post.

I'd say McInnes has tried to replace Considine over the year.
    Shinnie was signed on a pre-contract in the year that Considine played arguably his best ever season for us, so Shinnie was played in midfield.
    Last year we brought Lowe in
    This year we have Leigh in

The problem is that as he has been replaced at left back, we've had a number of injuries at Centre back and although he is not the most gifted of centre backs, he does give his all, is consistent and arguably has had a very decent season so far (not without incidents)

As you say, quite often, the problem areas we as a club are trying to address are elsewhere on the pitch, meaning he's been a handy person to have in the squad for that coverage.

He wouldn't have played as much if others had not been injured (In My Opinion)

Now, if we had a much bigger budget that we could target less injury prone players / better quality, then no doubt he would have moved on some time ago.
    All down to getting the best you can with the budget you've got.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    So every other player that gets criticised deserves it and are never harshly criticised?
    I accept criticism of any player, Considine included if it's merited

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I have never seen you defending any other player apart from Considine. I have seen you trying to blame others for his errors though.
    Make a date with Donsdaft then.

If you look at the who's at fault thread, there are instances when I was the first to criticize Considine when others hadn't

All of it is folly now and starting to err on deflection.
    You said he gets defended more than any other player, but get's less grief than others.
    That cannot stand as he's only getting defended (as much as he is in your opinion) because he is getting grief (as much as he does).

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Agree with all of that.
    Add to that, that we also need to replace players of the Standard of Cosgrove as well as Considine and we might just be getting somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Agree with all of that.
    Add to that, that we also need to replace players of the Standard of Cosgrove as well as Considine and we might just be getting somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    All I have said is that Considine and Donkey have pretty much been our most consistent outfield players this season and they are both sh!te
    So as they've been our most consistent players this year, we just need to replace the whole squad

I accept criticism of any player, Considine included if it's merited

Make a date with Donsdaft then.

If you look at the who's at fault thread, there are instances when I was the first to criticize Considine when others hadn't

All of it is folly now and starting to err on deflection.
    You said he gets defended more than any other player, but get's less grief than others.
    That cannot stand as he's only getting defended (as much as he is in your opinion) because he is getting grief (as much as he does).
    If he has been one of our better players this season then why is he joint top on your who’s at fault thread

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast